Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2008 focus sedan Motor mount question

959 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Alptbird 
#1 ·
Hello all i am a newbie to the Forum and to this car. My experence is more with ls based cars and old Grand nationals. not so much on the Inline seris motors of any type. I am seeking your knowledge!

my 08 focus sedan has a bad vibration between 900rpm and 1700rpm. the car and motor mounts have right at 70k miles on it but the motor has 35k on it. the previuos owner never change the oil from the day he bought it and it seized...the connecting rod broke, so i bought it and had to drop in a new motor. the motor mount are origional to the car. through all the other threads i have gotten some information in the matter but I am curious which Mount will be the primary suspect on this vibration? I didn't know if any of you guys have had any experience with this issue and the fix?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

#2 ·
took a little while but i think i found my answer. the big expensive one on the passenger side of the engine. :(

#4 ·
Pass. mount is the usual suspect for vibration issues, but from your post it looks like a lot going on at once so it might be something else...

Was it ever "smooth" after the engine install? If not, you might try the loosen & retighten trick on the mounts to get the assembly centered without any "torque" on the mounts from tightening one then moving the assembly to tighten another. Removing & checking that pass. one when you do it for any obvious issues....

Second thought would be on whether the new engine itself is running smoothly, just something to think about before going ahead with a new mount to try to cure the vibration.

Luck!

#5 ·
Was it ever "smooth" after the engine install?

Second thought would be on whether the new engine itself is running smoothly, just something to think about before going ahead with a new mount to try to cure the vibration.
Smooth well at idol I can bareley tell it is on. after 1700rpm it is pretty smooth to 3000 and then after that it seems to run like an employee of mines that has 24k miles. it is just rough and vibrates like a chevy on a wash board road. itis like those RPM's are a harmonic frequency of the car almost.

I have been working the Quirks out of it since the shop returned it to me. kinda like my power steering pump moaning like a zombie. The right fluid makes a difference!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.