Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My build thread.

6K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  5speedRuby 
#1 ·
2012 Ford Focus SEL Oxford White Hatchback

The day I got it:

First upgrade/changes: Rokblokz mudflaps and tinted tails, brake light, and reflectors.

Second change: blacked out emblem/ grille and headlight "eye lid".

Third change: Plasti dipped stock rims.

Fourth change: Black out grille and all black fog bezels.

See less See more
#3 ·
Ill be watching your progress. Looking for ideas for my own '12 SEL

Id go red with the calipers, just for some contrast. But thats just me.

I know you said you plasti dipped the rims, but is that what you did with everything else that your turning black? For example the fog light bezels.

How about a list of your planned mods?

#8 ·
Project torm Trooper was definitely the look I was going for. I have white caliper paint sitting in my room. Just waiting for a weekend to do it. Waiting for a my paycheck to get my windows retinted. I've got a lot planned for this focus. Just building up the funds now.

#14 ·
Classics are the only cars that can have chrome and all that chrome should be the engine. I hate when people put like chrome door pillars on and fake chrome vents on the outside.. And the worst is when people put chrome door handle covers on their chrome door handles ..."yo dawg I heard you like chrome, so we got some chrome to put on your chrome" [chair]

#20 ·
You should look at getting black lug nut caps. They really do look great, they wouldn't fit on the stock lugs cause the stock ones are like mushroomed so you would see chrome at the back. But I got black lugs and they started to rust like everything else does here in jersey so I got some black caps. http://www.colorlugs.com/ they have every color and size and its a cheap way to make your lugs look good

#24 ·
On the headlights, I used tail light tint. All the lights show through just fine. Take your time on masking the headlight off. Make sure you get the edges pressed down smooth. Then just go with light coats on the tint until you get your desired darkness.

#33 ·
[spank] why? It was looking so good! On a "brighter" note you won't have any problems finding your car ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.