Focus Fanatics Forum banner

HOW-TO: SVT IMRC DSI Intake Manifold Upgrade FOR ZETEC!!!!

57K views 131 replies 49 participants last post by  madb_ru 
#1 ·
Pic of the glox box please[thumb]

#6 ·
We've found out the TPS sensor and the IAC valve from the SVT are optional, the non SVT stuff will work fine.......good right up......now just get some steep cams in there to take advantage of the intake.........

#7 ·
I've got EVRYTHING to do this except the SVT T/B and elbow, SVT Alternator bracket, and the RPM switch, I need to get the other parts !! Thanks for this write up guys GREAT JOB !
why do we need the SVT Alternator bracket ? (Clearence?)
And How do I obtain a pigtail for my IMRC ? Can I get thatr from ford, or do I have to cut up an SVT [:(] And on tuning, who can do the tune ? Does it cause a too lean condition without a tune ? Sorry for all the q's but I need to know !

Thanks !

Troy. [thumb]

#11 ·
crazymechanic said:
the computer ought to be able to adjust for the airflow although a tune would certainly improve things. the real trick is finding out where to set the DSI switchover, you will need a dyno for this

the reason your going to need a tune to fix the air/fuel is b/c you've now MOVED every single piece of sensoring that the ECU does of the incoming air, to a different location.

granted yes its a factory location, but the SVT ECU is setup to properly meter this air.

your stock ECU isn't. so your going to need a tune to calibrate your ECU to the sensors new location.

#13 ·
so with the svt manny we will have the advantage of having long rpm's and and more top end right?

#16 ·
buuut theres no point in getting that tranny if if im gonna be boosting later hu

#19 ·
03FOCUZ said:
so with the svt manny we will have the advantage of having long rpm's and and more top end right?
Nope, you may (or may not) get more power but it has nothing to do with how many RPM's the engine will turn.... you'll need a tune to change that.

Are there any before and after dyno's??? or is all this seat of the pants gains??

#20 · (Edited)
I just had it done a Week and A half Ago. Funds for a tune and Dyno and bit of a ways off. What I am gonna say though, Is that before I had this in I couldn't brake the wheels free. Now, after having this done, I seem to do it by accident. So i can say that there is definitely some kind of Improvement.

Also, I notice a longer pull throughout the RPM range. Before, I would notice a point where there was nothing else there towards the top end and now I kind see it there......even more there with a proper tune.

Update: I am Getting about 200 miles a tank UNTUNED(70% City Driving). I will post number again after some Tuning or Dyno numbers are available.

#21 ·
The longer runners should help out with the TQ for sure....

I'm looking forward to seeing what its done[thumb]

#22 ·
i think topping out 3rd would be helped out the most, and dont the longer runners help with top end? it looks good either way dude, fs should start makin kits for this kind of thing, maybe one day they will figure out how to get the svt head on a zetec block

#23 ·
^^ Already been done my friend, They have VCT Delete Kits (Tom) And Also Have controllers for VCT (SVTSALVAGE) One of my projects is to eventually put the SVT head on my car, With the rods of course too..... But then I'll have to go to a smog refferee and say I did an SVT swap on my car (No EGR) Because of VCT. So It's alot of work, but LESS work than putting in a new harness and engine directly from an SVT.

#24 · (Edited)
I am going to give the svt intake swap a whirl, I am planning on the CRN-223-0012 cams and adjustable cam gears. I already have a long tube race header and cat-back exhaust, the intake should help out some more;)

I'd also assume that the vacuum lines can be had from the auto parts tore, from the bulk rolls? I mean, I could only imagine what a stealership could charge for the same thing stamped ford, are these pieces molded?

Other then that, I think I need to get the alt bracket, imrc and connector/pigtial, svt tb/bracket, and the rpm switch.

So, I spose if I want a larger throttle body, I need to get an SVT unit.

Does anyone have the wire map of the svt/zetec tps? I ask becasue I have a throttle body from a tbird in my garage, I think its larger then a stock svt, not sure, but, if I can use that, lets save some money;)

Edit, I was just thinking, if the mounting holes are to be slotted, is there enough material left to make the install secure? Or, should I have someting fabbed up and added?(my uncle is a machinist)

Edit2, being my ac dont work, do I need the vacuum lines?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.