Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Frederick People

4K views 23 replies 3 participants last post by  Mile30 
#1 ·
What's up, "Fred-necks"! I posted other local details in the Ice Cream Social thread; but Frederick may as well have it's own place... Got anything going on, need local help, saw something you know we'd like too?!? Post it here and see what you get!

#2 ·
MACA is having to push back the Catoctin Road Rally due to the weather; and the dry run is happening this Sunday (11-4) at ten a.m.. The rendezvous is the Roy Rogers on Rt26 outside Walkersville.

We'll be meeting at 10am sharp and hanging out for 15-30mins to wait for the rest of us to get there and heading up along the planned route. It will take about 3-4 hours to complete and we'll be stopping to check conditions here and there and look for downed trees/branches and other situations that would make a rally uncomfortable... If you feel like one last cruise before the winter: this oughtta be the one!

#3 ·
Some pics to whet your appetites!

We started @ Roy Rogers on MD rt26

It was a VERY cool route, with 75% of it perfect for the Focus platform! The real-deal run is next weekend so get your cars ready!

#7 ·
There will be a movie-sized get together this Friday (1-11-13) in Gaithersburg starting around 9pm. I'm talkin' a Fast & Furious style (bug-out scene) car show either in the Bruster's Ice Cream lot or another location that will be announced.

There was 200+ cars @ Bruster's last Friday, but without an event permit; the owner easily had everyone run out of there... they got a permit for this Friday though!

#8 ·
I just found the FB post; I'm the 337th person confirmed to go! Last weeks was ridiculously awesome, by all accounts...

Normally I'd be pissed that our community isn't tight enough to get together for this: but a realization came to me... the Focus communities ignore these events and I'm the only FoFo in attendance...

If no one shows up; I'll be the baddest Focus there yet again! So if your on the fence: don't go. I'll post up GoPro footage everyone can drool over later.

#12 ·
Waking the thing up for a mid atlantic meet in Silver Spring tomorrow night... and trying to see how many of these other things I can get installed between quitting time and caravans assembling locally, too.

#14 ·
You missed yet ANOTHER great g2g!!!

In case you missed it ( I know you did; I was the only Focus):

Some rolling footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqdMBgD6Mhc

A coworker and myself

This is one of my classmate's car (from Lincoln Tech)

http://youtu.be/4EGduWgp8jA

The joint needed WAAAAY more Ford... c'mon guys; we can do better than that.

#16 ·
I'd fix post 14; but I can't edit any of my old posts like I used to be able to... [mad]

There's a bigass car meet Saturday @ 7pm; anyone trying to roll up in a convoy with me and a buddy ow two?!

#18 ·
Good thing you all didn't meet up with us at TCP Cafe last night! I think the purveyor has gotten into some kind of drug-something-or-other... I used to go there 2-3 times a week when I lived closer to Frederick, and he recognized me everytime, but it was just friggin' weird last night!

He interrupted our little conversion a couple times while we were chatting to ourselves, hit the bathroom over 20 times in the hour we were there, and made up a bill at the end! We totalled our own stuff up and shoulda been outta there under $40... $56.91 + tip later, we were going over our 'notes' for the evening and wondering what the hell happened! The food was still on-point, but the only thing sketchier woulda been stuff around his nose...

Good thing the meet-ups happen everywhere else!

#19 ·
Saw this thing post-dinner while cruising through downtown... anyone know this person? Are they a member on here or the other one?

They had a sticker just under the spoiler that said "Mista Sinista"... or something like that.

#21 ·
Nope.

I live in the suburbs of Fredneck (Poolesville)

I've been constantly rebuilding my SVT since i bought it so MIA from meet and such. Did take it to Hyperfest though. Getting laid off in 10 days though so I've been kinda tight on taking it to the shop and parts.

I seen a red SVTF at the movie theaters who waved at me and an orange one like mine that commutes north on 270 in the mornings and south in the afternoons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.