Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Woooo

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  ZXthrizzle05 
#1 ·
How could I get the most power out of my zetec focus without turbo [strongman]

#2 ·
[welcome] to FF [ffrocks]

Have you looked anywhere on this site? There are lots of threads about this subject.

-Tune
-SVT header
-exhaust
-intake

After you're done with bolt-ons, you'll have to tear into the engine and change some of the internals.

#3 ·
this...
could also try an adjustable cam gear to retard your timing.. but that isn't the easiest thing..

#6 ·
personally, i have tom's tune and absolutely love it..
free updates as long as you stay N/A...

i know fswerks has tunes and a few other people..

#11 ·
that would help get more power...
but depending on what kind of power you want..

straight line drag style power...

or hitting the twisties power...

svts are awesome for track style racing.
not so much for drag racing.

this is all due to gearing of the tranny...
but you can match up a mtx75 with a svt engine.. best of both worlds...

[poke]

#12 ·
Doing 4.06 gears if you can still find them and a limited slip will really make the car act differently.. for the better. wont really make it faster in a straight line, but if you take the turns you can usually power in and out of them faster.

Full exhaust, high flow SVT cat, with the SVT header. Air intake, stage 1 cams with adjustable gears, tune, go with a FRPP suspension upgrades and swaybars. If you still want more after that then get a used ford racing head with stage 2 or 3 cams. can go with a individual runner / TB intake setup. with the new head you can deck it some and raise your compression. Want more then that then tare the block apart upgrade the pistons deck the block. raise your compression some more.

follow IMINHELL's posts... think he posted recently what all he did to get his NA built motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.