Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New 2010 headliner with rear lamp

4K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  VonKrause 
#1 ·
Ok I just got a new to me headliner out of a 2010 with the back seat dome light hole, I am going to be getting the dome itself soon and need to know which wedge bulb it takes so I can get the right ones off of http://www.superbrightleds.com/.

Got all the wiring done and the headliner in, also added additional wire for a future puddle lamp install.

-VonKrause

See less See more
#3 ·
Are the wedge bulbs the same for the front and back?

Also anyone know which bulbs go in the license plate sockets?

#4 ·
Gosh darn it I just did my license plate bulbs but can't remember what they were. Of course it could be different for your year model. Can't you just enter what year and make you have the web site takes to the the bulbs that fit the car, it did for me?

#5 ·
Didn't know that was on there, checked and it brought up bulbs for your car Paul. I have wedge bulbs in my dome lights and pretty sure the plate lights are that way too.

#15 ·
Not sure yet, I took the wiring out of the front of the parts car thinking the connections are the same, won't know till tomorrow since the only place that has the dome is FoMoCo in Michigan and I get it in then.

Install wasn't too hard, take it out through the front doors, it's easier. You will have to replace the hooks for hangers though since they are destroyed in the process of taking them out.

yes and like red jay said, get a brighter one for the rear with the most leds

and it should be some 39mm festoon bulb....and they def work better than the 42draftdesign ones.
Well the front dome light is wedge based not festoon. But the part number for the rear dome is the same as in the first gen foci as well so not too sure...

Would it be the same in a coupe? Or is that completley different.
The headliner is different from 2 to 4 door since the B pillar is in a different place on a two door.

#19 ·
Still waiting on the second one to come in, had to order it since no one in Houston has it. Should know tomorrow, also not sure yet if it is same bulbs for sure but will know soon.

#21 ·
Haven't had time to go hunting, by the time I am off work the sun is already gone and I am usually pretty hungry by then. Besides I should have a shiny new one today.

#22 ·
Got the 1st gen lamp and it doesn't quite fit properly, so there is that, I cut a couple tabs off and it wedged in pretty good, I am thinking some hot glue is in my future. Also the plugs ARE different, so if you get a headliner out of a parts car BE SURE TO GET THE WIRING! I plan on soldering and custom attaching mine up since the wire harness can't seem to be found. Also the lamp that I got has map lights AND the center light so I don't think it's the one for that spot but since it "fits" I am going to run with it. Pics once the LEDs come in.

#23 ·
Well I finally got my rear dome light installed and with the LEDs in it. Took some custom wiring and some on the spot problem solving but I did finally get it done.

Also did the rear license plate lights in pure white LEDs too.

Out with the old and in with the new

All my LEDs on, including the foot wells and under the dash

IPhone does not like that color

Bright light is bright

My back seat now leaves the darkness

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.