Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Some New Issues

9K views 55 replies 24 participants last post by  GhiaFan 
#1 ·
So the laundry list of things going wrong with this car is growing. I've got about 11k miles on it know, and this is what I've encountered.

-Both Key fobs intermittently will not lock or unlock the car.

-Radio will not shut off after key is out and doors are opened. Have to turn the car on/off, pull key out, open doors multiple times to get it to power off.

-Rear park aid indicator stays on, even when cruising down the highway. See pic below.

-DCT grinding is getting progressively louder and shifts are getting sloppier.

-Water comes through tweeter on both driver and passenger front doors

-AC fan speeds fluctuate

-Numerous dash & door rattles

-MFT detects the phone every time I get in, however I have to cycle through multiple times to get it to play music via bluetooth. Often drops bluetooth and goes to radio at increased volume.

-Random weekly MFT resets

All of this and a new door ding on a 6 month old vehicle. [:(!]

See less See more
#42 ·
Too bad you can't go to Holmes Tuttle Ford in Tucson. They do great work. They also do a fantastic job in prepping the car before you pick it up. I have a 2012 5DR SEL with the DCT with almost 38,000 miles already and it has never had to go to the dealer for warranty work. But I do take it there for oil changes and tire rotations. I used to think that the Saturn dealers were customer focused, but Holmes Tuttle in Tucson is fantastic and I don't say that about a lot of things.

#44 ·
Whole new group of dealers to tell me they can't duplicate shit.
Cory, how does one go about opening their own dealership? Seems pretty easy to me.

Sell car, do regular maintenance, don't fix issues, profit. [;)]

Just kidding, but seriously.

#49 ·
Another dealer. Same response. I was told by the customer service manager for this region that there was a new version of MFT released in December. Service tech told me that was BS. Same issues. Same answers. Cannot duplicate. I'm really not surprised at. Annoyed I wasted another 3 hours of my life on this pile of shit, though.

Was turning a corner a couple days ago, traffic was coming so I got on it. The car sat there for 3 seconds before it could figure out what gear to put it in. Then it shifted so low in the power band it crawled for another 3 to 4 seconds, jumped into another gear before downshifting and actually getting out of peoples way. This is normal operation. The grinding and missed shifts are all normal operation.

#52 ·
Yes, apparently to get your car fixed you have to provide reams of evidence: video recordings, accelerometer analyses, and signed affidavits from other Focus owners stating that their car does not have the problems you are complaining about.

Otherwise.... "Can't duplicate. Car is operating normally."

#54 ·
The issues with the car not locking/unlocking, MFT, and the panic alarm going off are so random, it's damn near impossible to predict when they're going to act up. I had to delete the service techs phone and reassign mine last night, and it worked just fine, until the drive into work this morning. Then it worked just fine after I got my coffee. The transmission is not acting up according them. It's just "quirky".

#56 · (Edited)
If you want to get an idea of how some techs think about fixing your Ford watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcWarRFpIv0

I sure hope this type of tech never gets near one of my vehicles.

I had a feeling that with these new cars and the advance tech built in, that the techs probably dread taking the all the steps involved to reprogram whatever needs to be reprogrammed.
But I was hoping that high tech techs are doing this job because it is interesting to them and not a pain in the ass like it appears to be to the tech in this video.[:(]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.