Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012/2013 Focus lowered thread

30K views 64 replies 28 participants last post by  TBM07 
#1 ·
Pic whore away guys. I'd like to see your setups!

#2 ·
Hi just thought I'd step in here. I've just finished my setup and brought a compete kit from European-parts.net. I have replaced all springs and shocks with the Bilstein kit. The car handles great and considering how stiff it is it still drives quite smooth on the road. It definitely looks real cool thought. The kit is height adjustable.

#22 ·
Zillon, I know you don't have your Focus anymore but do you happen to have pics with your 18" rims at stock ride height? or did you swap everything at the same time? I'm trying to see visually how much a difference the pro-kit does. I think its a .5" drop f/r right? but pics do better justice. :)

Thanks if you do, if not its ok. All the cars here so far are amazing.

#23 ·
Took Chaos's advice and went with the VMaxx coilovers, no complaints besides the clunking that I've had in the rear suspension since I installed them. I'll take the rear apart this weekend and and figure out the problem. Sitting on 18x8.5'' Voxx wheels...

Probably going to get a set of Titanium or ST headlights next...

#33 ·
gotta say the white focus on 1552's and the bagged st are the only ones that are impressing me with their height. so far the coilover set ups dont look like they give a whole lot of drop, unfortunately.

if i could get my titanium to sit somewhere around how my gti was. ill be happy.

#37 ·
I'll have my Focus on this thread soon. Can you guys give your 2 cents on the need for an alignment after lowering?

#39 ·
Mine's above a couple posts (H&R Sport lowering springs), but getting it realigned isn't really necessary. I get my tires rotated/alignment checked with every oil change and nothing's off. If you do notice a pull or some noise after you drop it, hold off for a bit and let the springs settle. Remember that they're going to be stiff at first and need to be broken in. If it's still off after you go a couple thousand miles, take it in. By the way, H&R Sport springs ride really smooth. Fronts might be slightly higher than the backs because of the way the body is cut but it's hardly noticeable. They settle nicely and if it bothers you that much, cut half a coil...a lot cheaper than going full out on coil overs, but that's probably my next project anyway besides the FS Werks exhaust

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.