Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SCT releases custom tuning for Manual transmission vehicles

84K views 271 replies 73 participants last post by  SGT Mike 
#1 ·
We have kept it quiet long enough. Many doubted that we were even working on it though I stated several times that we were. This particular test vehicle is a member of this forum and has been tuned now for several weeks so I would like to thank him again for the use of his car (feel free to chime in if you want to on your impressions of the tune...)

http://www.sctflash.com/FocusNA.html

#113 ·
It should be, main differences of course now are he has a 3 inch catback and the DCT.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

#114 ·
Focus Power will soon be offering the MK3 tuning , As always it comes with

SCT XCAL3 flasher

Full custom tune to your Focus stock or modded , not a canned tune that one tune fits all Foci with your mods , This just does not work any more , As no 2 Foci stock or modded are the same or make the same power , no 1 tune will work on all foci with the same tune stock or modded

Meaning
If you have a stock Foci you use "X" tune
If you have a cold air you use "Y" tune
If you have cold air and header you use "Z" tune
Those days are gone

I send you a base tune file for your mods , then I take over your laptop and set up a proper log and do the first datalog so you understand how everything works and how to use it , then we datalog to make your tune a full custom tune to your stock or modded Foci

You get FREE tune updates as you add more NA mods for as long as you own the car

I am working on times with customers to get 2 Foci on the dyno and do tuning when I get back from my tuning trip up north

Tom

#115 ·
Not to sidetrack but if I decide to take this tuning route which sounds pretty awesome (I much like the idea of a custom tune rather than a canned one) is the data logging software windows only? Or is it Mac compatible?

#126 ·
FSWERKS also works with their customers on remote tunes. Seen it here and elsewhere. Just so folks know, and they are at present working using SCT's software, as they state on their FB. I'm excited about this.

#128 ·
In regards to the FSWERKS tune for the auto trans I am bringing my focus in for an exhaust and intake on Tuesday but also going to see if I can work having my car be their R&D car. So will let you guys know how its progressing if I can fit it into my schedule (really hoping I can).

#138 ·
No problem. We want to try to get the custom tuning out for the DCT ASAP but also want to make it as simple as possible for the user and not have to continually add codes that are unsupported.
We're diversified too. '12 job 1 build. '12 job 2 build. '13 job 1 build.

Do you have any dealers/tuners in OKC? If so, can you PM me some contact info, please.

#145 ·
I don't have an X3 unit at the moment.

@Tom: is there a way to purchase the unit from you now and then just throw the tune on it when SCT has it ready?

#166 ·
I have a scanner at home also. It isn't a 400 dollar unit but it may give me what I need. I will also check when I get home.

#171 ·
I have been trying to read my strategy with an older X3 but it won't work. It is an original X3 from 2008. (serial # x3..........)
It works fine on 2 older vehicles but not on the Focus.
Will this model be supported eventually or will I have to upgrade to a newer one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.