Big Three (3) Upgrade, Duratec (pics) - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #21
Gadabout
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114774
What I Drive: 2006 Vermillion Red ZX4 SE

FF Reputation: 4 Gadabout Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I went with 150, because in My head it seems like an ok idea. However, my Alt is stock and is No where near putting out anything close to 150 Amps. I'm sure I overshot by at least 50amps, I might go down to a 100, and see what happens. But ideally you want the fuse to hover just above whatever your alt is doing.
Team Duratec #42
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #22
Ripped ST 151
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29959
What I Drive: 05 Black ST

FF Reputation: 1 Ripped ST 151 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Do you know why the alternator ground does not need to be the upgraded?

Seems counterproductive to change main grounds, but not the alternator ground? Kinda like a kink in the hose or something? IDK

ST Crew #13
Old 09-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #23
Gadabout
Focus Enthusiast

From my understanding; the Alt is bolted directly to the engine block, which is grounded via the 3rd part of your "big '3'". Therefore, the Alt IS grounded via the grounded engine block.
Team Duratec #42
Old 09-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #24
Ripped ST 151
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29959
What I Drive: 05 Black ST

FF Reputation: 1 Ripped ST 151 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ahh that makes sense.

Another thing I noticed today at idle was my a/c would run more smoothly. Before the mod, at idle, my a/c would slow down and the fan would become quieter, then as soon as I accelerated the fan would pick up...didn't happen after the mod, even with the fan speed selected to 3 out of 4 with my stereo at 30% volume. Great g mod!

ST Crew #13
Old 09-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #25
Gadabout
Focus Enthusiast

I can kinda vouch for that. I thought it was just Placebo, but yea..I feel like my car doesn't run like complete crap with the a/c on. I don't know what the a/c would have anything to do with what I did, if anything, but Meh ..ill take it. :)
Now I just gota get my repairs and upgrades out of the way, and stick a sound system in there to Really test it.
Team Duratec #42
Old 09-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #26
sam fisher
I hate dents!

Fan#: 103137
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
Nice man . Good info

Sent from my SCH-I545 using FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->