Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Help!!!

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Egz 
#1 ·
So i have a 06 focus and my car shakes alot in drive & reverse and not that much in neutral at a red light so im guessing my motor mounts are bad

yesterday i found a bolt on the floor under the car i found out the bolt was from the intake manifold im thinking it got loose with all the shaking but when i was checking were the bolt was from i found a cable not connectend i really dont know what is it for

See less See more
#2 ·
In the 1st pix, looks like that bracket is cracked, or the sheet metal is tore. As far as motor mounts= w/ the hood up & someone w/ their foot on the brake & a little bit of throttle, is the motor rolling upwards or backwards ? Or try this= Have them hold the brake & move the shifter from reverse & drive & whatch, & check for the motor rolling back & forth. How is the dogbone? How many miles? Hows the motor run?

#3 ·
its not sheet metal on the firts pic its some kind of tape lol
it has 90k miles motor runs great its just the shaking and well that bolt and the cable

#7 ·
In the video you have your finger by the 2 intake runners on the passenger side. Take a flashlight or pen light between the 2 intake runners on the passenger side & see if its missing the bolt.

#8 ·
In he video you have your finger by the 2 intake runners on the passenger side. Take a flashlight or pen light between the 2 intake runners on the passenger side & see if its missing the bolt.
It is missing the bolt down there but I can't put it back because I don't have the tools
so where do u think the cable goes? Or what is it?

#10 ·
this is not my cluster as u can see but just to give u an idea of where the rpms are when warmed up

thats exacly where they are

#12 ·
yes it is im thinking it came off with all the shaking the motor does
and well good thing it fell when i was in my house and not driving around
tomorrow i might take it to the mecanic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.