Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2010 Ford Focus - Intermittent problem

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  badazz2010focus 
#1 ·
Alright so a couple months ago my car started to kind of hesitate when driving almost into a jerking motion. It would never spit out a code and no dash information was shown. I took it to a local auto repair shop where I had them do a complete diagnostic of the car... They came up with nothing. So About 3 weeks ago the problem out of no where got extremely bad and now starts to jerk while driving. I took it to a local guy in my community that works from home and is a certified mechanic. He found nothing either. The day after I left with the car the jerking got to the point where I was afraid it would ruin my Manual Trans. But wait finally a CEL of P0320 which in most cars I have worked on is Crankshaft Position Sensor. So I ordered the part to hope it will remedy the issue and found out in ford it means something completely different. So if there is anyone that has seen this happen on the 2nd generation Focus please let me know so I don't pour a ton of money into this thing for no reason.

[cheers]
Josh

#6 ·
throttle body maybe. wrench light on an automatic means transmission. wrench light on a manual (like my car) means throttle body. my issue was a bad TPS (throttle position sensor). might be yours too. however, i will say my car pulled 2 different codes than yours (P2111 & P2135).

#8 ·
Update

So a couple weeks ago I actually changed my Crank Sensor and everything was great until today. It started hesitating and jerking like before. I don't want to point at the crank sensor again but I think it might be. Any suggestions before I destroy my car again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.