Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Put the AEM On... (I have a problem)

5K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  ohnoy2k 
#1 ·
Traction control turns on everytime I floor it in first at any speed.... I knew after I did the headers and didn't have my intake that the car felt choked like it wasn't getting air so after putting the true aem cold air went for a drive its a whole new monster.

I literally have to turn off the traction control everytime I want to drive spirited now. For those debating on intakes regardless of what AEM says their intake makes way more power then they give it credit for.

By the way it seems the DCT is fitted with a Lsd of some kind because smoke comes from both tires on a hard handbrake launch.

#2 ·
The fact that both tires are spinning is likely down to the torque vectoring system selectively applying the brake to simulate a limited slip diffential without the cost for them to make a lsd standard.

#3 ·
Can't wait for Dyno day. I would really like to see my numbers. Im hoping I wont be disappointed

#7 ·
It is losing grip it spins first gear with factory wheels. No grip loss using my nitto invio

#8 ·
How does the AEM sound? When i installed the FSWerks Short Ram, I love the sound, but under load (not sitting in a drive way revving engine), it can create a "fart can" sound at some RPM's. I am getting used to it, but just wasnt expecting it.

#11 ·
Find it and qoute me. Everytime I bring up AEM its because their a true CAI unlike the others. My only complaint is that they dont have accurate numbers which in any case hurt their business..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.