Sound Deadening (barrier and decoupler) - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-30-2014, 11:24 PM   #11
Tundrafoci
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96605
What I Drive: 2003 light tundra ZTS

FF Reputation: 5 Tundrafoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgilles View Post
Check this guy out, he sells CLD tiles. Not sure what price point you are at, but worth a look
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com...product-prices
Yes that is who I was planning on purchasing through. I have read that website about 1000x over already! Couldn't get enough of it. I have just recently been putting the effort to incorporate everything I have learned to do my car right the first time. I don't want to strip the interior more than once! My ultimate goal is to make it so everything is easily removable aside from the CDT tiles which will be placed so they do not interfere if any maintenance needs to be done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 11:19 AM   #12
mvgary094
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118766
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 1 mvgary094 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've seen that guys website and it has some good ideas, I'm just not sure how much it would cost. How many sq ft would you realistically need for the doors, the rear seat area, hatch, floor and the roof? Also, I think there is a decent amount of noise that comes through the door seals.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:28 PM   #13
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91264
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 wgilles Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvgary094 View Post
I've seen that guys website and it has some good ideas, I'm just not sure how much it would cost. How many sq ft would you realistically need for the doors, the rear seat area, hatch, floor and the roof? Also, I think there is a decent amount of noise that comes through the door seals.
Somewhere on his website he has a way to calculate how much product you would need. I'm also sure you could email him and he could provide some guidance.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:31 PM   #14
Tundrafoci
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96605
What I Drive: 2003 light tundra ZTS

FF Reputation: 5 Tundrafoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvgary094 View Post
I have done all the calculations PM me your email and i'll send you the excel file. These are good estimations. not exact so expect to use a little more just so you don't have to order twice. These measurements are for 00-04 sedan. I imagine they are similar/close to a hatchback. The roof and floors would be the same and the doors would be as well if you had a 4-door hatchback. If you're going to do the entire car with EVERYTHING. it is about +800$ not including shipping if you order everything through SDS. I however am looking at alternatives.

So far my costs for the entire car using alternate solutions for MLV, CCF, and "acoustic" padding/insulation, and other supplies end up at 250$ (including shipping) for the entire car (with leftovers) and buying CLD tiles from SDS is about $110+shipping. That is with leftovers as well so you definitely won't have to order twice. was thinking about ordering SDS Velcro but i won't be sticking it to vinyl so i don't think i will need it.

SO by breakdown here is what I have IF you were to do the entire car:

From the Home Depot Website:
3x UltraTouch 48" x 6' radiant barrier

1x Trex RainEscape Butyl Tape

1x 10' x 25' polyethylene black plastic sheeting this is for my doors to completely waterproof them. Completely Optional

1x http://www.homedepot.com/p/Roberts Black Jack 100 sq ft Underlayment

3x db-3 4' x 8' Acoustical Barrier

H-D Cost: $247.56

Froms SDS:
50x CLD tiles 112.50$

Total cost: $360.06
This is for the entrie car: Roof, Floor, Doors, Trunk-lid, Trunk, b-pillers, rear deck, and rear quarter panels. again this was using rough estimations so it may not be EXACT but it is damn close.

I will however not be doing everything at once because i want to make sure that the acoustical barrier works out well. Which i think it will. So i just get 1 order of the DB-3 and 1 order of the radiant barrier to start with. Along with ALOT less tiles but I might grab all the tiles at once just to grab the savings.

I will be ordering near the end of February so i'll keep ya'll posted when I complete the doors and tell you how well it works. I will update my build thread as I go and will link my build thread when I have it completed from here.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:09 PM   #15
FocusOn20s
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107321
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 FocusOn20s Good Standing Member
MobileAudioForum :-)

haha
Old 02-02-2014, 12:44 AM   #16
Tundrafoci
Focus Enthusiast