DCT Transmission Issues (NOT) - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: DCT experiences
No Problems 39 54.93%
Minor problems 12 16.90%
Continuing problems 20 28.17%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #51
Et cetera
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117795
What I Drive: 2013 Focus 2L TDCi 163PS (MPS6 DCT)

FF Reputation: 1 Et cetera Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Because the VW DSG in North America is DQ250 = wet 6 speed. Plus after VW DQ250 owners complaining from 2007 to 2010 (that's 4 years of VW dragging its feet , VW issued a recall, and also extended warranty that covered the DSG gearbox for 10 years or 100,000 miles which every comes first. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-extension.pdf

This recall and warranty warm and fuzzies did not help the owners who had the first year 2006 VW vehicles equipped with the DQ250 gearbox though.
Who are left paying for DSG replacements.

If you are interested in VW DSG info you can read global VW DSG owners in the comments of this article who are not enjoying their VW brand DSG experiences.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/fa...ope-46766.html
Thanks for the info.

I met a guy locally (Taiwan) who claims that he found the cause for DCT problems. He tested his solution (attaching a little gadget that is relatively cheap to make to the transmission) on quite a few Ford 6DCT250 and VW DQ-200. He also claims better fuel economy and lower transmission temperature.

It sounds too good to be true.(Imagine hundreds of engineers looking into problems from Ford, VAG, Getrag, BW, Luk and this outsider cracks it.) But I am 70% convinced (of course he has not given me enough details)... Still some lingering doubt so I am collecting as much information as possible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #52
kae9797
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117165
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 kae9797 Good Standing Member
Hey Et cetera, I got a fix for you.... Get rid of that Lemon POS as soon as you can!!!!! What , no not me, I'm not a little pissed off or a little Disgruntled. What could give anybody that idea?
Old 08-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #53
RetAFEng
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 117690
What I Drive: 2013 White Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 RetAFEng Good Standing Member
I have 1k miles and not problems. I do realize that this is an auto-shift standard transmission. Yes I have felt the jerking similar to engaging and releasing repeatedly of the clutch in first gear. I was at a light and rolling ahead, uphill at about 2 mph. I would of had to do the same if it was a standard non-automated tranny.
I have not fears about the lifetime of this tranny and I believe that mine is fantastic. 2013 ti loaded. My sister has a early Fiesta, mostly city driving (99%) with no problems. She ordered the car before the dealer had recieved his first on the lot.
Mini Lincoln
2010 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Cab 4.0 V6
Old 08-31-2013, 07:26 PM   #54
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
That's great, enjoy. When the DCT is running right,it's a quick, fun and economical car.

Btw ford calls that jerking "trailer hitching"
Old 08-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #55
Armenian22
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 Armenian22 Good Standing Member
I have a 2012 Focus S. I got mine from a salvaged yard tho, had little damage. When I got mine I had no idea about the DCT issues, and only came across them because my car wouldnt accel past 30.

Later turns out is was bad turbine speed sensor, car drive perfectly fine now, only 11k on it... not sure whether I should keep it tho considering its out of warranty... did only cost me 10k tho..
Old 09-01-2013, 12:42 AM   #56
Et cetera
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117795
What I Drive: 2013 Focus 2L TDCi 163PS (MPS6 DCT)

FF Reputation: 1 Et cetera Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetAFEng View Post
Yes I have felt the jerking similar to engaging and releasing repeatedly of the clutch in first gear. I was at a light and rolling ahead, uphill at about 2 mph. I would of had to do the same if it was a standard non-automated tranny.
I agree that in rush-hour traffic and your are crawling alone at 1-2 mph you sometimes need to engage and disengage the clutch when you drive a stick shift car. My problem is: when you, judging from the traffic ahead, know you are coming to a full stop ahead, you would not engage/reengage the clutch but your DCT is not smart to pick that up..

I know I am nitpicking.. this type of nuisances really should not be counted as real problems.

(The DCT makes me feel like riding in a stick shift car driven by someone who recently learned how to drive one.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae9797 View Post
Hey Et cetera, I got a fix for you.... Get rid of that Lemon POS as soon as you can!!!!! What , no not me, I'm not a little pissed off or a little Disgruntled. What could give anybody that idea?
Kae9797, I feel for you. I can imagine how mad I would be if I bought a lemon and the dealer did not take it seriously.

The % of Focus falling in the lemon category seems to be a little high.. but I have no support for it.

I actually like the Focus a lot despite my nitpicking (as long as the DCT does not develop any real problem encountered by some other posters here).
Old 10-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #57
Lwtrend2013
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 119131
What I Drive: 2013 winning blue focus trend

FF Reputation: 1 Lwtrend2013 Good Standing Member
I have a 2013 focus its been a nightmare since day one as far as transmission is concerned its in workshop right now getting a new transmission praying its ok atlast have done 27k.
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 10-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #58
ducati20
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105190
What I Drive: 2012 White SEL

FF Reputation: 1 ducati20 Good Standing Member
2012 SEL, 54000 trouble free miles... Drive it like I stole it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks