Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus

888K views 2K replies 468 participants last post by  PrDawg 
#1 ·
Well purchased my brand new 2012 Ford Focus on May 21, 2011. My vehicle had to be ordered and was delivered to me on May 24th. Upon driving it, I found that when I would come to a stop and push the gas to go, it would sputter and hesitate. I have been dealing with it for over 2 weeks and decided to contact my dealership.

I took the vehicle to the shop on June 3rd. The tech drove with me and felt exactly what I was talking about. He stated that he had to put it on the computer. Within 30 minutes, he came out with a piece of paper stating 2012 Focus automatic transmission shudder. Some 2012 focus vehicles equipped with the powershift/DPS6 transmission may experience a shudder/shake on start up or when slowing to a stop. This condition does not cause durability or reliably concerns and will deminish as the clutch breaks in. "IF CUSTOMERS COMPLAIN OF THIS ISSUE, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE VEHICLE AND SHARE THIS SERVICE MESSAGE WITH THE CUSTOMER.

My question was, how long does this go on and when will it stop? No on could answer. Has anyone else felt this issue? I could not find any post on this prior to me putting this up. I stated I do not feel safe in the vehicle. The car at times when I pull out on the road feels just like it will stall out. After sending an email to the VP of the dealership, I was contacted by the service manager. He stated that he is working on getting an answer from Ford.. At the time of service there were 781 miles on my car. Today there are 1291 and still nothing has changed. I am awaiting a reply and will move forward if I don't like the answer.[bigcry]

Also, yesterday while driving, my shoe lace got caught on brake peddle. Has anyone else ever gotten stuck on the brake peddle? Just curious. It freaked me out.

See less See more
#143 ·
FWIW - Using LESS than a quart between scheduled oil changes (so there is no need to add any) falls into the "normal" operating range of most vehicles (Mazda Rotaries excepted).

SO, the 1/4 qt. is nothing to be concerned about...

And YES, as the engine "breaks In", it MAY use a LITTLE bit more than will become normal in the future...

Cheers!

#146 ·
Good to hear Guimpy. The shudder in mine was getting a tad scary, especially when facing a hill and am still planning on taking it in to get serviced, but I put 89 octane in the tank yesterday and it's seemed to progressively get better. My driveway is pretty steep and that's been the biggest hurdle every morning, but today it zipped up there with very little shudder.

Just something to consider.

#148 ·
Thanks to FordCustomerService for the reassurance. It's just in my previous two Foci that I owned, I never saw this in either of them. They were filled to the mark and stayed that way until I had them changed at 3000 both both of them. It's was just a concern for me, especially when the car's new.

So, to recap, inside of the hashed area on the dipstick is still considered OK? As long as it falls within that area? I just remember that it was up to the top hole on the dipstick, and now was down about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way to the lower hole... that was my concern. And the car only has 850 miles on it. I could see that happening if the car had over 5000 miles on the oil, but this isn't quite yet broken in yet....
Is it possible that oil is being pushed into areas in the engine and just staying there during the so-called "break-in" period. I'm going to have the oil changed here in the next week with full synthetic, and then I guess I'll watch then. But thanks for the info (saw the notes in the user's manual about the dipstick and when to fill it).

#149 ·
Is it possible that oil is being pushed into areas in the engine and just staying there during the so-called "break-in" period. I'm going to have the oil changed here in the next week with full synthetic, and then I guess I'll watch then.
Just add a little oil to it if it bothers you, and use Ford's blend that's readily available. I'm sure it won't hurt anything.

About the first sentence- no. It was probably simply not filled all the way from the factory. You might want to stick your head under there and see if there's oil on the filter. That would be about the only place that I'd figure it would leak from. If there is seepage there, then you should be able to get a warranty oil change from your dealer. They might just tighten it down and add some oil- either one would be ok.

#150 ·
I looked under the car, plus the dealer did too (they did first, then I checked myself later). No seepage or leaks from there. Thats why I'm a bit concerned. And it was filled up to the top (max) level on the dipstick when I got the car. I only noticed this maybe about 2 weeks ago. So, unless the dealer changed the oil when my car was being worked on for two weeks (which wasn't noted anywhere on the warranty/service papers), I'm a bit curious to know where the oil's going.

Like I said, I'm getting the oil changed anyway regardless (which I always will do with new cars when they hit 1000 miles or so). So, I'll probably have to wait two or three weeks after that to see if this comes up again...

#164 ·
First off, thanks for being the kind of customer that actually pays attention to his oil level. Most people don't know or care to even open the hood.

Your oil level is normal anywhere in the hash marks. There is absolutely no accurate way to measure consumption by the level on the stick. There isn't necessarily a 1qt difference top to bottom.

When checking your oil you have to understand that oil sorta "grows" when it gets hot. There will be a difference on your stick hot to cold. Furthermore it takes time for the oil to drain back down. You will have a higher oil level in the morning after an overnight wait than you will 10 seconds after you shut the engine off. Check your oil when the engine is warm and after waiting at least 5 min for it to drain down.

Ford allows up to 1qt of oil consumption per 1500 miles of driving. This will also be modified if you idle for extended periods. I'll admit that I've never had any car burn that much oil but it is the spec nontheless and if you think it's too excessive look up Toyota. They allow 1qt per 800!

Consumption tests must be performed in a controlled manner so you can't gauge your oil use simply by monitoring the dipstick. The only thing the dipstick will tell you is what the oil looks like and if it's full or low.

G/L

#152 ·
And for those wondering about the shuttering in my car... it seems to have gone away. I think all it needed was a good reset (which the dealer did when they did the bearings--unplugged the battery--which I guess forces the PCM to relearn certain things pertaining to its shift / operating strategy).

Either way, it seems to run fine now...

#153 ·
2012 Focus SEL items

I've had my 2012 Focus SEL for two months now, 2500 miles. Really like this car. It's had two issues that I post as a way to alert Ford and other owners.

1. "Bird chirping" noise coming from passenger rear wheel well. turned out to be a brake cable that needed to be adjusted and re-bolted, according to the dealership's service department. The chirping was constant and was triggered by all bumps, big or small. Very annoying and gladly the fix resolved the problem.

2. Jiggle/joggle noise coming from the passenger front wheel well. this one was very noticeable at about 15mph, on slight bumps, especially after coming out of a turn. Sounded like a pool ball rattling in a coffee mug. Service department says it was a bad strut. Car is still at the dealership after one full week, and still waiting on a replacement part. Service representative is not able to get the part delivered any faster. (Driving Kia Rio loaner/rental car in the mean time. Kind of a fun little ride: no frills; it's you, the road, an engine and some wheels, somewhat go-kart like.)

The questions I have to ask are: what's up with having two issues arise before 3000 miles, that have required two separate stays at the service department, is there a quality issue (why does a brand new strut go bad?), and why does it take a week to obtain a replacement part?

Ford, you're doing something right, though, because despite these annoyances, I am anxious to get the car back, wash the Kona blue exterior, hear the great stereo in the quiet interior, call someone using the hands-free myford sync, and drive around, not remembering the last time I filled up the tank.

To address the posts regarding a perceived sputter or what seems like a chug that might lead to a stall... I have noticed this in my car, but I don't find that it diminishes my confidence that the car will go; in fact, it reminds me of driving a manual transmission. I love the way the transmission stays in gear as you decelerate to a stop, and you hear the engine rev down. The transmission really feels like a manual in the way it behaves (minus the fun of a clutch and shifting). I find it invigorating. The new Consumer Reports accurately describes one aspect of the transmission as "stumbling" at low speeds; I have noticed this but it is not troublesome; again a bit like a manual transmission. Lastly, when you punch it on the highway, trying to accelerate quickly starting at say 50mph, it will hesitate a bit sometimes, then it takes off just fine. Perhaps it's searching for a gear, and perhaps it's still learning my driving patterns.

#155 ·
Another small annoying problem I got on my car (and that many also have),is the delay on the door lock button.You get out of your car,close the door and press the lock button on your remote,most of the time ,the car won't lock.But if you count 5 seconds,press again ,then it locks.

It may not sound like a big deal,but when you're in a hurry ,you kinda look like an idiot when you wait for your car to lock itself.Is it because of the perimeter alarm arming itself?Or it's just something they didn,t fixed yet?

G
#156 ·
Transmission is terrible

I've had my 2012 Focus Hatchback into the dealer 4 times already. Complete nightmare as I only have 1200 miles on the car. I am stuck filing for Texas's Lemon Law protection. The transmission is extremely rough... far worse then any car I have ever been in. At times driving down the freeway at a steady pace there is a sharp metal on metal sound, and the car down shifts with such force that I am thrown forward to the point where the seat belt locks engage.
The car is also overheating and after about 10 minutes of driving the AC cuts out. Despite all this, the dealership insists the car is "in normal operating conditions". This is by far the most frustrating purchase I have ever made. Ford customer service dismisses my claims outright, dealership told me the car was only worth $17,000 after only 400 miles and a purchase price of $23,000. Way to stand behind your product. Plan on losing $6000 if you drive this car off the lot.

I grew up in Detroit and hoped this car would finally be a reason to buy an american car. Sadly, it is a complete nightmare. Drives terrible, over heats, AC does not work and that's completely "normal"!

Be warned about the transmission. Mine is obviously very bad, but Ford techs say many people have been complaining. I get only 20 miles to the gallon on the highway with cruise on. Awful! My BMW M3 got 26!

100% Dissatisfied with my purchase. Even more dissatisfied with how my dealership handles the situation. Such a shame... this car SHOULD be good. [:(]

#157 ·
I've had my 2012 Focus Hatchback into the dealer 4 times already. Complete nightmare as I only have 1200 miles on the car. I am stuck filing for Texas's Lemon Law protection. The transmission is extremely rough... far worse then any car I have ever been in.
PLEASE dont blame a crummy dealer on Ford! There are many known issues with the earlier built ones, and they have fixes! If your dealer is ignoring them, talk to Natasha! (FordCustomerService here on the forum)

Tell her your dealer is giving you the runaround and she can work wonders. The trasmission issues have been fixed for others, and theres no reason yours cant be properly fixed as well. It sounds like your dealer is trying to give you the runaround, when Natasha gets on their case I am positive their tune will change.

Unfortunately not all Dealers care about happy customers, but raw numbers.

PM Natasha here (FordCustomerService) with your VIN, Dealer information and your information and on Monday she will do her best. She has worked wonders for others, and you should also take advantage of it. Ford needs to know about dealers like this... they hurt loyal customers like you and give them a HORRIBLE image. Especially on one of the best cars they've made in many many years.

#158 ·
MyFord Touch loses Touch

I got my Titanium Hatch Aug 22 and the car sometimes "shudders" or "hesitates" when starting. I only have 400 kms on it so far.

Yesterday, the MyFord Touch screen "froze" / hung. The steering wheel mounted controls did not work. The CD that I was playing wouldn't turn off. I had to pull over and stop the engine - hoping that the system will re-set. It re-booted after a few minutes. I will have it checked by the Ford dealer.

Any similar experience with the MyFord Touch system?

#159 ·
I got my Titanium Hatch Aug 22 and the car sometimes "shudders" or "hesitates" when starting. I only have 400 kms on it so far.

Yesterday, the MyFord Touch screen "froze" / hung. The steering wheel mounted controls did not work. The CD that I was playing wouldn't turn off. I had to pull over and stop the engine - hoping that the system will re-set. It re-booted after a few minutes. I will have it checked by the Ford dealer.

Any similar experience with the MyFord Touch system?
read back a few pages, lots of people having those exact problems, the seems if the shuddering is minor it's normal but if it gets worse you should take it to the dealer as it may need re-programming. As for the MFT again read back some pages, there may be an update it needs?

#165 ·
Natasha,
I bought a 2012 Ford focus just under a month ago. The car i got had 234km on it when i drove it off the lot and now we are looking at about 2770km. I have taken the car into the dealer once already for the same problem everyone has been talking about and the dealship told me that everything is okay and they just ran some tests.....WELL! that wasnt really the truth! I was having a casual sunday drive with my girlfriend and the car over heated. It is now in the dealership and they are saying that oil is all within the engine and gaskets, and the computer is telling them to replace my engine! So of course with this being the first car i have ever boughten and buying this thinking that it was reliable and then finding out that its been taken in twice in one month is a bit disapointing. Also i found out when speaking with the GM of service he slipped and told me the first time taking the car in they actually reduced the RPM of the car. Now why would a dealership touch my car in such a way and never tell the customer? Doesnt seem right. Also with this now happening they arnt sure how long it will take to get me a new engine. Really i dont want that same car back with the problems its had i want a new one and really i dont think thats really much as to what i could be asking for. I would like an answer as to how you would deal with this as to the dealership right now isnt handling it the greatest. With the servey i got yesturday with "How was your experence" there will be alot of Very disatisfied answers within it if nothing is done. Please responed ASAP. Thank you

#166 ·
I know this wasn't directed at me but I can still provide some factual input.

First, in order for anyone to determine if you are elligible for any customer satisfaction compensation a clear line of communication needs to be established between you, the dealer and the customer service center for Canadian owners. I'm not certain the CS center in Florida for domestic owners is the same for Canadian. You don't seem to know exactly what the dealer found or what they need to repair. Maybe they didn't explain it to you or maybe you didn't understand it... but I know their "computer" doesn't "tell" them to replace anything and furthermore the dealer can't simply "turn down the RPM".

Your concern was rather vauge but I'd suspect your original concern was with the feel of the transmission shifts/engagements. Your second concern was an engine that overheated. The two are almost certainly unrelated so I would not get too excited with the idea that the vehicle has failed in the same manner twice.

In order for anyone to help you, they have to discusss what the dealer is trying to repair and let them make a repair attempt. It may be unfortunate, but there isn't a car in the world that is "break-proof" and all brand new cars of any make/model could (and do) occasionally have issues.

#169 ·
Hello everyone, I picked up my 2012 White Titanium Focus on Aug 18th and it is my favorite car to date that I have driven. I've only put 1400kms on it in the ~2 weeks that I've had it. However, I had a little hiccup yesterday when driving home.

My car was revving really high, so I dropped it into SelectShift and changed the gears to resolve the issue. I put it back into Drive and continued normally. 2 minutes down the road, I get an error in my driving console that states "The Engine is overheating, stop the car". I pulled over, put it in Park, then turned the car off. I started to freak out because my last car had a 2 year engine light that didn't get resolved until 2 months prior to me selling it. I turned the car off and then on. No issues, so I continued home. Once I get home, I put the car into Reverse and the error came again, "The Engine is overhearting, stop the car". I followed the same steps and backed into the driveway. My engine light is lit up now.

I take it into Ford this morning to get it checked out. 2 hours later I get my car back. The issue was with the TCM (Transmission Control Module). The Ford rep told me that there had been an error and the computer was out of sync, so the error messages that popped up may have not been relevant, but they set off warnings. The technician had to reprogram the TCM and said it will take another 500kms to get it ironed out and says the issue should be resolved.

The car is still awesome, I just hope that this is fixed and not going to be reoccurring.

#178 ·
The issue was with the TCM (Transmission Control Module).
Hi thwar,

I'm delighted to read of your love for the Focus, and that your dealer was able to identify the TCM as needing replacement. If you have any concerns or questions, you are welcome to contact Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 1.800.565.3673.

Really my experience was highly enjoyable, and I look forward to testing a few more focuses, but what I'm here to say is that I had told the salesman that I heard people where having issues with the powershift transmission
Hi, tested a brand new one from the dealer, it only got worse, the stuttering was so bad it would jerk you around.
Hello DaeGoesFast and serathe,

Welcome to the forum! Customers with PowerShift get outstanding performance and fuel efficiency thanks to a “dry dual-clutch gearbox.” It uses electronics to change gears automatically instead of hydraulic pressure. We are working on doing a better job at explaining how this new transmission technology behaves when customers take delivery of their new vehicles, and I hope this is what you have experienced. As you are seeing on this forum, there are plenty of satisfied Focus owners, and I hope you'll join them! [:)]

Other that the early transmission issue, it is a dream car. I am amazed at the features, ride, handling, and economy so far. And now the shifting is smooth and responsive. It is really a world class car. I traded in my 2008 Focus which was a good dependable car but nowhere as refined as this model.

Good job, Ford!
Hey jtphillips,

Excellent! Thank you for posting of your experience with the Focus and how it has smoothed out. There have been some wonderful improvements in the past few years, as you've noticed!

Have a great day, everyone!

~Natasha

#170 ·
Hi everyone I'm new!

So I have read most of this thread and it nearly scared me away from the focus, but in interest of due diligence, I did more homework and took a test drive at my local dealer. Experience to me is the most important form of confirmation.

Now I realize I only drove one car, and I intend to test a few more at more dealers, but in the one I drove I really couldn't replicate the main issue being discussed here, which is the shaking/shuddering experienced at low speeds to a stop.

I tried stopping on a steep incline and lightly pushing the pedal to inch forward: one light jerk which I attribute to the shift from neutral to 1st gear, and I was inching forward.

I tried braking to a crawl down the steep incline: no noticeable lunge or computer confusion.

I babied the focus on the highway and saw an average of 43 mpg over 20 minutes.

I found some windy back roads and powered through them with ease, in both automatic and sport modes.

Really my experience was highly enjoyable, and I look forward to testing a few more focuses, but what I'm here to say is that I had told the salesman that I heard people where having issues with the powershift transmission. He had the chance to talk to one of the mechanics before my test drive, whom had said that there was a "bad batch" of about 200 transmissions due to a supplier that supplied faulty, or low quality parts for the tranny. I didn't get the absolute specifics, but has anyone else heard this explanation? Does it seem plausible, or is it just a salesman trying to subdue my fears of buying his inventory?

#171 ·
Hi, tested a brand new one from the dealer, it only got worse, the stuttering was so bad it would jerk you around. Engine seemed very hot as well. Not buying this years model, maybe if ford gets their act together next years? Totally put me off the car. I'm glad we didn't buy it. EDIT: The service dept would only show me the bulletin. I'm not buying a car we have to fight with when we know it's not right.

#172 ·
I won't deny that Ford needs to make sure their vehicles operate in a manner that satisfies them... but from my experience I believe a significant amount of these chatter and shift quality complaints are due to customer expectations going beyond what is reasonable for this gearbox.

In other words, too many people are infamiliar with how a manual transmissionn works and what kind of characteristics one can expect when driving one. New clutch disks chatter on takeoff. It's a well known fact that if you put a new clutch in - it will chatter and smell funny for a short break-in period of a few thousand miles.

This is NOT a conventional automatic and no matter how well Ford "tunes" it to behave like one - it will never be COMPLETELY IDENTICAL to what 99.9% of people are used to with an "automatic" transmission. It is an automatically controlled manual transmission and when it all boils down - it will tend to behave more like a manual than an automatic.

There may be part issues, maybe there are control issues that can be tweaked a bit... but I'd be more inclined to believe the chatter on takeoff will go away after the clutch is able to break in and I'd also be inclined to believe that this thing will behave in a more desireable manner if people consciously attempt to understand that it can't behave like their hydraulic auto trans with planetary gears and a torque converter because it couldn't be more dissimilar than that type of trans.

#177 ·
I realized the tranny is different - I did expect some slightly odd behaviour, however what I experienced felt way beyond that. I'm not interested in a car that I would have to fight with the service tech when transmission issues come up. He wouldn't even check it out, just point me to the print out. Which all is a shame, it's a really nice car otherwise.

#173 ·
I did not believe it would happen!

I got my 2012 SE hatchback and loved everything about it, except the transmission. It slipped and shuddered and did strange things from the start. I took it back to the dealer because I suspected real problems.

They told me that Ford said not to touch it until it had time for "break-in". I said "Oh Sure!". I will wait but I will be back in a few thousand miles and we will really have a "discussion".

It really did not get any better (and I got more frustrated) until it hit about 1500 miles. It started smoothing out and now at 2200 miles, it seems to be doing great.

I stand corrected!!!!!

Unfortunately it made my first month or so with my new car less than enjoyable. I wish Ford would have dealers educate drivers about this type of system and it's inherent initial "quirks". It might make it easier on the new driver.

Other that the early transmission issue, it is a dream car. I am amazed at the features, ride, handling, and economy so far. And now the shifting is smooth and responsive. It is really a world class car. I traded in my 2008 Focus which was a good dependable car but nowhere as refined as this model.

Good job, Ford!

#174 ·
I got my 2012 SE hatchback and loved everything about it, except the transmission. It slipped and shuddered and did strange things from the start. I took it back to the dealer because I suspected real problems.

They told me that Ford said not to touch it until it had time for "break-in". I said "Oh Sure!". I will wait but I will be back in a few thousand miles and we will really have a "discussion".

It really did not get any better (and I got more frustrated) until it hit about 1500 miles. It started smoothing out and now at 2200 miles, it seems to be doing great.

I stand corrected!!!!!

Unfortunately it made my first month or so with my new car less than enjoyable. I wish Ford would have dealers educate drivers about this type of system and it's inherent initial "quirks". It might make it easier on the new driver.

Good job, Ford!
I must agree with you. I was worried to death about the transmission issue but now with 3500 miles, it seems to have broken in properly. I'm still a little nervous about the "bad batch" of transmissions in an earlier quote but overall, I'm am extremely happy with my purchase!!

#175 ·
Super glad to hear the chatter has worked it's way out!! Again, this type of thing isn't all that uncommon.....it's just a shame the salespeople didn't inform you of this and frankly I don't think it's all that unreasonable to suggest the clutches are somehow broken in before the car is sold....I don't know how this would be done, but it's a thought nontheless.

When it comes to salespeople you really have to expect them to be completely ignorant. I don't mean to bash salespeople but the fact is they are NOT technical in nature so you can't expect them to understand that a new clutch does weird things before it mates to the flywheel properly. Furthermore, no salesmen in his right mind is going to intentionally mention a bunch of not-so-good things about a car he's trying to sell. It's like the server at the restaurant answering your question of "what's good here?" with "nothing - it all tastes like dirt".

#176 ·
Update on my issue:

Once I got my car back from Ford after they reprogrammed the TCM, the issue happened 4 more times. I took it back in this morning and they have to order a new TCM to have it replaced. Hopefully this does the trick, the car only has 2000kms on it. [?|]

#182 ·
Dropped the Focus off this morning for the shuddering issue, Only way anything is going to get fixed is to let them know this thing has issues. Mine get's worse the hotter it get's. Anyway will see what they have to say later this afternoon and I will bring my rubber boots as this should be good.

Montana

#187 ·
I've already put 10,000 miles on my 2012 SE Focus and it's going into the shop for the third time to have the shudder repaired. When stopped and easing off the break, the car violently shakes. At first I thought breaking it in would remedy the problem, but 10,000 miles later the problem it persists. Not to mention the fact that the ford dealer I am dealing with was completely rude and told me to take it back to the dealer I bought the vehicle from. Seriously considering the lemon law on this car.

#190 ·
slippin shutter

same fricking problem, drove off the lot and really did not think much of it but after 2 days it got annoying, and then as I drove out of my friends drive way to go home 50 miles and made it 100 yards and the engine light went on and the car felt like it was in neutral. scared the crap out of me, I could of been on the freeway. went back to my friends house called the dealer called roadside pick up, after hasseling with the dealers Ok and the roadside people to get the tow truck to pick me up they came, then I started the car and the whole dash lit up and the car didnt turn over at first and then it did, so I got towed and 3.5 hours later I got to the dealer 50 miles away, to much BS that I had to put up. today I talked to the Tech at the dealer and he told me Ford knows of the problem, so I asked him why are they selling these cars with a problem and why didn't anyone tell me about this when I bought the car, I would have not bought it if I had known. He said he couldnt fix it and thats the way it is and would correct itself after 1000 miles. I told him he could take his F in car and stick it up his A** and if he didnt fix it I would contact a Lawyer. He called me back in a few minutes and told me a Ford field Tech would be out next week, so now I have a Nissan rent a car and have to wait. I should of kept my Honda Fit 100,000 miles and no problems

#191 ·
Huh, I found this review interesting.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/11q1/2012_ford_focus_sel-short_take_road_test

"The 2012 Focus features Ford’s PowerShift twin-clutch six-speed automatic (standard on the SEL, $1095 on lower trim levels), but the technology might have been yanked out of the oven a few minutes early. It’s one of our few gripes with the car. Shifts can feel seamless if the driver is utterly unhurried, but they’re rather slow if there’s any attempt at upping the tempo. There were other problems, too. With 3000 miles on our test car, the clutches were already a little glazed and chattery, with vibrations working up the steering column when we rolled off under light throttle."

Yeah, sounds normal to me.

#195 ·
I have 5000 miles on my 2012 focus and it still shudders, I called customer service was told that I will have to pay for a transmission elvaluation at the dealer, and although I purchased the extended warentee that does not matter. A new car should not shudder like this, and the dealer will not take it back. I have an appointment wiht another dealer next week, will have to get a rental becaue there are no "transmission guys" after 5:00 or on weekends. If you purchase a new Focus make sure it dosent have the trans shudder problems!

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.