Zx3_bmxrider's Mild Mannered Build Thread - Page 141 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-13-2014, 11:43 PM   #1401
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Fan#: 84231
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
My new grill came in, I may get a chance to put it on this weekend. I'm currently trying to do something.... different... to it. lol I'll post a pic if/when I finish it.

I ordered black st170's. I found a guy in Latvia selling them new a lot cheaper than everyone else. I'm not sure if they're knockoffs or something, but even if they were, they'd be way better than the st170's I have now... lol

My car will be in the shop on Monday to start the repairs from the accident. I'll be getting a rental all week, I'm kinda nervous about it. haha It'll be weird driving a new car, I'll feel like I'm cheating on my car or something.

I may go to a wheel shop this weekend and try to have my wheels repaired. I'm still debating on getting another set of wheels instead though. I found center caps, but they're pricey.
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2014, 07:07 AM   #1402
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Good to here the cars in for repairs.

BTW If you sell those wheels, let me know.
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress
Old 06-14-2014, 09:13 PM   #1403
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fordsvt View Post
Good to here the cars in for repairs.

BTW If you sell those wheels, let me know.
Alrighty, Ill let you know. At this point I'm hoping to keep them, I enjoy rare wheels. lol But Ill let you know for sure if I decide to sell them.
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
Old 06-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #1404
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

I put the new grill on on Saturday. I dropped the car off yesterday. I get a rental, a 2014 Chevy Malibu. I forgot what a normal car drives like! I love it, but at the same time I miss my car. I get updates from the body shop, so I figured I would share them with you all.

Bill Etscorns Body Shop posted 1 vehicle photo
Proj. Delivery: 06/20
http://awpic.com/bba077f
Old 06-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #1405
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113561
What I Drive: '02 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 6 Gav-O-SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I know what you mean when you say how weird it is to drive a rental. Im on vacation in Hawaii at the moment and I rented a 2014 convertable Camaro. It is soooo dope but feels so weird compareed to my SVT. I miss my FoFo.... Glad you are gettin that damaged fixed up. I have enjoyed reading through your build thread, keep it up.

-Gaven
Old 06-18-2014, 10:40 PM   #1406
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav-O-SVT View Post
I know what you mean when you say how weird it is to drive a rental. Im on vacation in Hawaii at the moment and I rented a 2014 convertable Camaro. It is soooo dope but feels so weird compareed to my SVT. I miss my FoFo.... Glad you are gettin that damaged fixed up. I have enjoyed reading through your build thread, keep it up.

-Gaven
Dang man how long have you been on vacation? haha I'm just messing with you, I'm jealous. I want to go to Hawaii some day! A Camaro would be way funner than a Malibu. haha but the Malibu is still way quicker than my car. Thanks for the compliments! My car has come a long way the last few years. I'm glad too, I miss it for different reasons. It's so weird being in a car that's so quiet, rides great, and has technology out the wazoo. Speaking of my car, there was another photo posted today. Here it is:

Bill Etscorns Body Shop posted 1 vehicle photo
Proj. Delivery: 06/20
http://awpic.com/bba077f

Here was some quick shots I took with my phone the other day at my parents house:

Old 07-20-2014, 02:57 AM   #1407
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Thought I should update this thread, since it hasn't been updated in over a month.

I bought another set of wheels! I'm starting to feel like a wheel whore, and I like it. ;) My wallet doesn't enjoy it though. I'm trying to save for a wedding. haha But my stacks of wheels in the guest room make excellent towers for the cats to play on. lol But yeah, I didn't really want to have the dent on the lip fixed on my Prime's. I couldn't find anyone to do it that was near me, and I didn't want to ship them out somewhere for a couple hundred. Not to mention, I only bought the Prime's because one of my semi-local friends was going to sell me his ESM's. He backed out on the deal, so I wound up finding the Prime's 4 months later. My buddy was in town for Import Alliance (huge car meet), and decided he's going to slowly part out his Focus. So he sold me the ESM's for a great deal, brand new tires included. I actually will be using my tires instead, because they're a bit smaller, and brand new as well. So needless to say, I'm stoked.

I also bought camber arms on Thursday. They're purple Massive camber arms, and I can't wait for them to arrive. The seller isn't shipping them until Monday though. :( They were on eBay and the Focus parts page on Facebook so I'm sure some of you saw them. I figured out I needed them because my rear wheels look crooked all the time. I had two alignments in the past few months, so I know they're as good as can be. Supposedly the camber is off at a 2" drop with our cars. This is probably why I have a bit of odd camber wear on the tires on my EAP's. Now with 16's, it looks worse, and on turns the back end of the car isn't very steady. It's kinda hard to explain. It almost feels like it's dancing left to right a little bit, and feels kinda scary when taking turns going fast. Hopefully the camber arms will fix all that.

Tomorrow I'm going to David's house (I forget what his name is on here) to roll my fenders. Nobody around here has a fender roller. So I'm going to try to use the phonebook method. I'll experiment with one of my already messed up fenders. lol I only rub now if I have weight in the car, or on speed bumps. The ESM's are 16x7.5 ET 20, so they're .5" wider than the Prime's. I will also be buying my buddy's coilovers when he gets them off the car, so I wanted to do some fender work in preparation. This week at some point I'll have the tires put on the ESM's, and make a for sale ad for the Prime's. I'll install the camber arms next weekend hopefully.

Oh and the ESM's are 002's I believe. He bought one of the last sets from ESM when they were on clearance last year. I'll post some pics of everything when I have them.

Bookmarks & Social Networks