Focus Fanatics Forum banner

A few Fuel pump pictures

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  viney266 
#1 ·
Lilredzx3 and I did the fuel pump on his PW zx3 this weekend after testing the fuel pressure with a mechanical gauge under boost. It would hold QUITE steady for 2-3 seconds under load, and then....well, I guess 18-20 PSI is a bad thing.

The fuel pressure sat steady at 35 or so, and increased under boost very nicely until you stayed there for a while.

The new pump was not to bad, but you will have to be patient with the blue plastic ring up top to get it back on properly. The fuel tank was pretty clean inside as most are except for some rust particles ( they came out with a magnet) in the bottom. Where did these come from??? A bad batch of gas? Maybe. The only bad thing I saw in the tank was that the side of the sending unit on the fuel gauge was rusting, and the end of the float on the fuel gauge was also rusty. Anyway, here are a few pics just for info. Any questions? Just ask away, I'm sure Aaron or I will try to answer them.

Pleanty of room this way

The evil old pump

Top of tank with it dropped down

How the hell did the "shocker" get in here?

RUST!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.