Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning?

727K views 1K replies 388 participants last post by  antbarlow76 
#1 ·
Just wondering what features, tips and tricks people have found since owning?

For me I found the hidden menu to be neat. Holding trip/reset down while starting car shows the menu. Holding again for 5 seconds returns you to normal operation.

Salesman didn't know that the SE has a line in for mp3 players. Inside glovebox on top.

#3 ·
I found out about the glovebox mounted mp3 line on here after salesman told me it didnt have one. #FAIL

#4 ·
I found a key in the IA remote. My salesperson never told me anything about a key. I found this out just by going thru the Owner's Guide...

#6 ·
1. The rear wiper wipes once if the wipers are on and the car is put into reverse.
Of course I then found the button to turn the rear on at the tip of the wiper joystick on a later day when it wasn't raining.
2. I recommend plugging in or out USBs SDs and Aux when the car is off. Hot swaps make the MFT freak out (still on 2.10)
3. Again for raining days (every evening in FL in the summer) If the IA doesn't unlock right away. Wipe off some of the wetness and hold your hand slightly longer inside the handle.

Posted via FF Mobile

#17 ·
I found the "eco" scoring mode by accident... unfortunately every time I get on the autobahn I lose my "speed" leaves because I'm driving 90+mph.
Posted via FF Mobile

how do you d that???

#25 ·
1. Thankfully early (but shocking) warnings both for the Beltminder & for a door ajar while on the road (with the red I and indicator on the dash and LCD respectively).
2. Ability to cancel any notifications on the trip computer LCD early (i.e. door ajar) by pressing the OK button on the left 5-way.
3. The rear defroster also includes the area where the rear window wiper is in is rest position (helpful for getting that thing kickstarted early in winter).
4. Automatic climate control's "Defroster Max" button. One touch access to all your favorite defrosting methods (i.e. front / rear defrosters, heated mirrors, maximum heat, maximum fan).
5. The 2x press on the rear hatchback releases the rear hatch, so if your hands are full of groceries, you can kick the hatch up with no hands (although requires balance practice).

#30 ·
doesnt amount to much but today i discovered i could use the "pockets" made to the rear hatch trim panel to shut the hatch without having to put my hands on the outside of it. Hey, its the little things that matter..[race][race]

#31 ·
I really love driving in S mode now, downshifts more aggressively when braking instead of keeping you under 2k RPM ALL the time, and doesn't shift nearly as quickly when accelerating. I now drive in S until I'm cruising and then I slide the shifter into D, no trigger needed.

Also... I don't know if that feature is new to many of you guys but Automatics have been able to slide without the button depressed from N or R to D for YEARS...

Also, this car can't go from D to N without depressing the trigger like other Auto's... my reasoning is that since our car doesn't coast in neutral when decelerating, it downshifts and uses engine braking (how cool, right?) that putting it into N would be detrimental to the dual-clutch setup.

#35 ·
Someone should try the roll up/roll down all windows trick!

1. Put the key in the driver's side door (is there even a keyhole anymore?).
2. Turn the key to the unlock position and hold it there for a few seconds to unroll all the windows
3. Turn the key to the lock position and hold it there for a few seconds to roll up all the windows.

Not a clue if it will work, but it seems to be catching on with lots of cars that I've seen. Doesn't work on my 2011, though :(

#37 ·
Someone should try the roll up/roll down all windows trick!(
I just stumbled upon this today on another forum. I'm curious if the Titanium (push-start) has this feature. Because it doesn't have a key, I think I can hold the door lock/unlock buttons on the key fob? I'll be back with an update when I get off work.

#44 ·
Not sure its a trick per se, but I unlock my driver's door by holding my hand in my door handle, and I unlock mine and my passengers (actually all 4) by holding my hand in my driver's side rear door. That way most of the time I am opening just mine, and when riding with someone I can open theirs without goofing around with their door handle inside or the lock unlock sequence on the dash.

#52 ·
The European models have the auto windows up/down feature, but American models do not. It sucks because that's the one thing I really wanted when buying a new car and both of the other cars I looked at had it (and both were keyless too, so that's not an excuse).

Gotta figure out a way to hack this up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.