Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ZX3 suggestions?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Geezer 
G
#1 ·
Just bought an '06 zx3 and its going to be my project car. I'm not looking to make it into a full on rally type car but I'd like to make it a bit better than it is. Just don't know where to start.

#2 ·
First you need to figure out exactly what you want, then you'll be able to figure out how to get there.

#5 ·
^^ get either the koni sport suspension kit (1.5 inch drop with adjustable dampers)
or h&r race springs with shortened konis (2 inch drop, you can get it from fs werks if you call them) as for swaybars find a 22mm front and a 25mm rear swaybar from eibach or intrax. (summit has the intrax bars) you'll find the coilovers arent really necessary for autocross unless your a super hardcore knid of guy, damping adjsut ment alone will make the car handle vastly different. then look at some lightweight wheels and sticky rubber.

however if your first etting started i suggest going in totally stock, and learnin the limits of the stock focus before putting any mods on. also dont worry too much about power. work on getting off the line quick and staying quick through the corners

#6 ·
For autocross it also depends on what class you want to compete in. Stock class allows you to change the shocks but NOT the springs. Koni sports are a very popular shock for stock cars (works well with stock springs due to their adjustability. I'd also spend money on a set of dedicated autocross tires and wheels. Tires are the name of the game in autocross.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.