Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning?

727K views 1K replies 388 participants last post by  antbarlow76 
#1 ·
Just wondering what features, tips and tricks people have found since owning?

For me I found the hidden menu to be neat. Holding trip/reset down while starting car shows the menu. Holding again for 5 seconds returns you to normal operation.

Salesman didn't know that the SE has a line in for mp3 players. Inside glovebox on top.

#482 ·
Yep, like Lo-Fo said, it has always been there (of course, no matter how convenient it is it doesn't help eliminate the "lane-drifters" that wouldn't use a lane-change signal even if they had a gun to their head).

#485 ·
I love the convenience signal feature. I've had it on my last four cars, including the Focus.

I also like how the regular signal won't be interrupted in the middle of a flash. It'll blink for the full duration, no matter what. It removes one of my neuroses - in my last car I'd try to time it so that I'd disengage the signal stalk while the "blink" was off. Like I said, it's neurotic, but that's just how I am.

#488 ·
If you are using the cruise control and you head into a lower speed zone and quickly click down the cruise to a lower speed the dct equiped car will actually downshift a gear to help the car slow down quicker than it would normally coast down[driving]
If you slowly drop the cruise speed down then it justs coasts down.

#496 ·
Similar interesting feature:

In all my past cars when I had the cruise control on and came to a big downhill strip of road the car would usually pick up an extra 3-4mph just because of the hill/gravity. The Focus won't do this. If I have it set at 60, and I come to a downhill section, as soon as the car goes over 60 it will kick the transmission down a gear to keep the car at a constant 60. [hihi]

#489 ·
I have noticed that if your listening to music and you go from say 10-20 mph up to 40 pretty quick, the volume and bass increases. Presumably it increases due to it wanting to compensate for increased road noise. Doing a fast acceleration though makes it more noticeable, especially when your listening to some techno. It will also decrease the volume when you slow down. I have a Ti, don't know if the other trims do that.

#493 ·
Both of my cars had it turned off by default. I thought my cars (SE) didn't have it until I hunted it up and turned it on/configured it. It does have different settings for how much louder it will get.

#497 ·
My wife, a life-long Honda owner, was amazed at the one-touch up/down for the windows. Caught her reaching to the window in the back to see if they actually did that. She's slowly coming across to the Ford side.

#499 ·
LOL my gf was the same way. She'd swing by the shop to visit me while I was doing a PDI. She'd sit in all the new models. She loved the edge. I kept telling her to give a fusion sport a chance. She never listened until the day she actually drove one. Blew everything else she looked at out of the water. Now, she has her own 2011 Fusion Sport. She doesn't even think about her old honda anymore!!!.....we actually had her honda crushed through the retire your ride progam as our way of sending our regards to the emperor!! [ninja]

#505 ·
To clarify, with a Ti hatchback that has the sport package (full size spare), the rear seats DO FOLD FLAT. They just aren't on the same plane as the floor of the hatch section because the hatch section floor is higher (because of the full size spare beneath). So, yes they are flat, but they aren't coplanar with the rear - they're parallel and slightly lower.

#507 ·
at least on my titanium, the lock and unlock on my fob will work while i'm driving my car. when i clicked unlock, the doors unlocked and the interior lights turned on.

#515 ·
Not sure why you'd need a subway-style strap. The existing hatch handles are just about perfect for closing the hatch without needing to touch the exterior of the hatch.

I grab the handle somewhat loosely, palm facing away from myself, and if I pull down with just enough energy, I can let go of the handle about half-way down and the hatch will continue downwards and close itself. It doesn't even take a very hard pull - it's almost as easy as those doors/trunk lids that latch themselves electrically, but this is just done with good balance and design, and is likely more reliable in the long term.

#521 · (Edited)
The feature filler plate (aka delete plate) on my SEL dash is made to hold credit card sized cards.

#527 ·
I have learned that whenever something unexpected happens, to post it immediately, before seeking any further info or possible cause, bitch about how terrible this makes the car, and proceed to go on about how amazing all other new cars are in comparison, inciting 5 pages of heated flamery.

[thumb]

I may have been guilty of some of this this myself, and I guess the excitement of a new car makes it very tought to accept issues or differences with the the Focus opposed to another car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.