Hampton Roads/Virginia car meet! - Page 25 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic Fanatics

Mid Atlantic Fanatics Serving the Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, and Washington DC regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #241
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis5010 View Post
Ahh well I was going to school at ATI and working there. The school was paying for my apartment. We'll work got super busy and I was making mad cash so I started skipping class to work overtime and they decided to kick me out. So I got a one bedroom apartment but then it just got to much to do by my self so ended up moving back to richmond with a friend and now married lol
I feel yah bro, its hard to live/work alone some times. In in between jobs right now but just got a good interview on Monday

But dont worry it's better to work first then get a degree. People have it all backwards (I did too). It's better to get work experience first then get a degree because without experience its really hard to find work related to your degree.

I would come to the Poker Drive tomorrow but I'm nearly broke.

Lets have a Richmond meet this weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2014, 10:59 AM   #242
bluehatch14
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111245
What I Drive: 2012 blue se hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 bluehatch14 Good Standing Member
Yea its understandable. And mishka is right. I'm almost 21 and haven't spent a day in school since high school. But I have worked my ass off those 3 years.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #243
mishka
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miztaken1312 View Post
Suspension work is actually pretty easy. Did my FRPP kit with my father in around 2 hours. All four wheels.
It took my friend 2 whole days. He'd never worked on an mk3 focus before. He ran into a problem when one of the bolts/screws would not fit back in. They had lock-tight on them and it had dried up and would fit back in. he tried stripping it down so it would be wouldn't fit and he had to go to the store and find the same piece. It fit in fine. but then we ran into another problem. When I drove off there was a horrible metal-on-metal contact grinding sound and it was REALLY loud. I freaked out because my friend said it was fine... which it clearly wasn't. He looked at it and couldn't find the problem so we took it to Merchant's. They looked at it and said it was just a bent/dented "brake dust cover" and charged $10 to fix it. it was also $10 to check the vehicle. It was not a major problem but it sounded really scary so it was a bit of a roller-coaster ride. I paid him $380 and we split the Merchant's bill. In the end, i'm happy I went this route, however it was really stressful especially because he hadn't worked on a mk3 focus before. No issues at all with suspension, everything is great. I even installed spacers after and no rub or problems. Loving it! If your interested I could ask him if he'd be willing to do another Focus suspension.. that is.. if you're willing to go to him. Just an offer... I called lots of shops around town and the lowest quote I could find was like $700. Maybe you'll have better luck tho.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #244
ddavis5010
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 151274
What I Drive: 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 ddavis5010 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
I feel yah bro, its hard to live/work alone some times. In in between jobs right now but just got a good interview on Monday

But dont worry it's better to work first then get a degree. People have it all backwards (I did too). It's better to get work experience first then get a degree because without experience its really hard to find work related to your degree.

I would come to the Poker Drive tomorrow but I'm nearly broke.

Lets have a Richmond meet this weekend!
Can't meet this weekend I have to go to the northern neck for a wedding
Old 04-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #245
Miztaken1312
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74993
What I Drive: 2008 Black Coupe SES

FF Reputation: 2 Miztaken1312 Good Standing Member
Quote:
It took my friend 2 whole days. He'd never worked on an mk3 focus before. He ran into a problem when one of the bolts/screws would not fit back in. They had lock-tight on them and it had dried up and would fit back in. he tried stripping it down so it would be wouldn't fit and he had to go to the store and find the same piece. It fit in fine. but then we ran into another problem. When I drove off there was a horrible metal-on-metal contact grinding sound and it was REALLY loud. I freaked out because my friend said it was fine... which it clearly wasn't. He looked at it and couldn't find the problem so we took it to Merchant's. They looked at it and said it was just a bent/dented "brake dust cover" and charged $10 to fix it. it was also $10 to check the vehicle. It was not a major problem but it sounded really scary so it was a bit of a roller-coaster ride. I paid him $380 and we split the Merchant's bill. In the end, i'm happy I went this route, however it was really stressful especially because he hadn't worked on a mk3 focus before. No issues at all with suspension, everything is great. I even installed spacers after and no rub or problems. Loving it! If your interested I could ask him if he'd be willing to do another Focus suspension.. that is.. if you're willing to go to him. Just an offer... I called lots of shops around town and the lowest quote I could find was like $700. Maybe you'll have better luck tho.
Yeah Mk3's are a whole new beast. Mk1 and Mk2 are pretty much the same for suspension.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #246
bluehatch14
Focus Enthusiast

I'm getting ready to install my eibach sportlines on my mk3 hatch. I've heard bit can be a pain but not too bad.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #247
mishka
Focus Addict

i've heard to just get your brakes checked and your alignment/tire rub checked. you can't adjust the alignment in the rear wheels past a small point though, unless you get those rear camber arms which are like $90 per wheel. My car pulls to the left but I think I just need to get my steering wheel centered because I got it centered at NTB and they did it wrong I think.
But it may be the suspension causing my pull to the left. I've rotated the tires and it doesnt really help. My alignment checks out fine too.
I hope when I take it to a ford dealership they can figure it out for me
Old 04-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #248
bluehatch14
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
i've heard to just get your brakes checked and your alignment/tire rub checked. you can't adjust the alignment in the rear wheels past a small point though, unless you get those rear camber arms which are like $90 per wheel. My car pulls to the left but I think I just need to get my steering wheel centered because I got it centered at NTB and they did it wrong I think.
But it may be the suspension causing my pull to the left. I've rotated the tires and it doesnt really help. My alignment checks out fine too.
I hope when I take it to a ford dealership they can figure it out for me
Hmmm thats odd. Never heard of that happening once the car is aligned properly. I know people who run without the camber arms and never have a problem.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #249
Miztaken1312
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74993
What I Drive: 2008 Black Coupe SES

FF Reputation: 2 Miztaken1312 Good Standing Member
They say you're "supposed" to get an alignment when you do suspension, but you really aren't moving or adjusting tie rods or camber bolts or whatever. You're just changing springs. I didn't bother with it after my FRPP kit. My Blizzacks don't show any unusual wear on them, front or rear.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:56 PM   #250
bluehatch14
Focus Enthusiast

I will get an alignment eventually. I'm getting new tires soon and will have it checked and done than. I already knew all this before I decided to do this mod next

Bookmarks & Social Networks