Is my car worth upgrading? - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > DURATEC Performance (2003-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #31
elsolo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96835
What I Drive: 2003 dark shadow grey metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 17 elsolo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I had a customer that used to road race a C3 Vette with an automatic (manually shifted th400).
He did it for several seasons, then moved onto a different car.
Said he would go through the th400 once a year himself and despite being unusual, it worked pretty well for him. It helps that his motor made a ton of torque at all RPM's so three gears was fine.

Last edited by elsolo; 08-21-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #32
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 47 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Chaparral 2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alptbird View Post
an Automatic in road racing.... my opinion, no, and I road race. Now an automatic in drag racing yes. because I haven't seen a human yet that can manually shift a manual transmission clutch and all as fast as an automatic can without the help of air shifters or comparing there shifting to an old slipping automatic transmission with week pressures. If an automatic is set up with firm pressures and has good bands then it is a fraction of a second to change gears. not saying there aren't people out there that could push envelope but they aren't gonna be as fast or as consistent.
Have you checked out or seen a Chaparral 2E road racing? By the way the 3rd pedal is for changing the pitch of the wing.
Interduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 08-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #33
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 2 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusZX505 View Post
If all you care about is how much your putting and not the passion of doing Otto be diff. Go buy a mustang and then have fun with all the million other mustangs out there.

I have prolly 5-7grand worth of parts on my car. Would be taking that 7 plus what my focus cost prolly have gotten me a mustang s2000 or something mainstream yes. But there's nothing better than having a mustang guy think your a slow focus. Then you spank them is every corner at the road track or auto cross
I'm thinking there are more Focus' on the road than Mustangs. The counterculture debate on using a perceived "unique" car is just plain silly. The timing lights at the track don't care and there isn't anything unique about a mass produced car.

If you simply enjoy the car, despite the laws of physics and economics going against it, that's awesome. They're quite fun to drive. Focuses have a particular character about them that's fun. I've just never seen a nice clean, daily driven build. They're usually all borderline science projects.
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #34
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 47 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica81 View Post
I'm thinking there are more Focus' on the road than Mustangs. The counterculture debate on using a perceived "unique" car is just plain silly. The timing lights at the track don't care and there isn't anything unique about a mass produced car.

If you simply enjoy the car, despite the laws of physics and economics going against it, that's awesome. They're quite fun to drive. Focuses have a particular character about them that's fun. I've just never seen a nice clean, daily driven build. They're usually all borderline science projects.
Show up at Ocean Shores focus wars, then! No excuses= once a yr gig. It'd be great to meet up w/ you.
Interduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131

Bookmarks & Social Networks