Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My Ford Touch Thread

2M views 4K replies 396 participants last post by  Teamlosi23 
#1 ·
A member mentioned about having a sticky for the MFT sytem and I thought it was a good idea. Here's the thread for owners to discuss the MFT system, talk about and share issues they are having and to even share solutions. I know there are several MFT threads already out there, but we gotta start somewhere. Please keep this clean as it's going to be for everyone's benefit.

For everyone's information:
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...wnerGuidePage&year=2012&make=Ford&model=Focus

Enjoy.

#2,634 ·
My car is at the dealership getting the update today - like right now.
I'll report back once I have everything re- indexed, paired and programmed.
Looking forward to a better MFT experience.

#2,635 ·
Version 3.5.1 installed.
Connecting my Android phone went without a hitch.
I'm not seeing the graphic glitch others have mentioned about the AM indicator; looks the same to me.
The navigation Home Screen "current" street location worked right away with no "destination" being set. We'll have to see how long this works.
Outside temperature and compass displays still intact - as previously set.
Hopefully my random reboots and rouge "ghost in the machine" random starting of media files on USB thumb drive has been corrected.

It appears that the MPG averaging algorithm has changed.

I'll report back with more feedback once I've tried more of the commonly used functions.

#2,650 ·
Windows htc 8X here. Seamless relink. I don't BT my music, my iPod sits connected via USB.

I'll give it a look later on.

(I too have the S2 Blaze. Nice device although I like the 8X more. The UI is a lot nicer and things like my corporate email blend into the phone a lot more like an iPhone - certs, etc).

#2,656 · (Edited)
You mean logging in?
Yes, it appears that it is down.
Funny thing is, it is rejecting "valid" credentials.

"Our system has experienced an error. Please try again."

Ford Owner Site is down too.
Maybe Michigan, now as a "Right To Work State", is striking on all fronts... [facepalm]
Or maybe 'Anonymous' is anti-Union and DDOSing the Ford websites.

#2,660 ·
I had 3.5.1 installed prior to delivery about 1 month ago, so I have no experience with prior versions. However, everything seems to work well. I'm still learning how to make the functionality benefit me; yesterday found the short method of making calls and changing radio stations, thanks to the posters here for that. Going through the 3 step process (i.e., radio, sirius, watecolours) was a pain.

#2,669 ·
Im not trying to complain, but after 3.5.1 my biggest beef was all the sudden the Voice on the navigation crapped out. I though the volume was turned down, but when I clicked on the repeat prompt button, the volume of the music dipled for a second like it was going to say somthing but then the music came right back on. I restarted the car, canceled ghe route and restarted it, and its still doing it. I have the A4 card and i did one master reset but its still not working. Please help me if you can. I think i am going to try another master reset. Also, when i go into the phone quadrant of the MFT, in the yelloW part it says Connecting... Like its trying to connect but when i go back to the home screen it says my iPhone 5 is connected. Im really hoping a master reset works! Ill let you know

#2,670 ·
Also, when i go into the phone quadrant of the MFT, in the yelloW part it says Connecting... Like its trying to connect but when i go back to the home screen it says my iPhone 5 is connected. Im really hoping a master reset works! Ill let you know
I've had this one. If I switch out of the home screen before the phone connects, it will always say "Connecting..." up in the tab, even after it connects successfully. After I shut down and start up the car again, it is back to normal, at least for me.

#2,674 ·
Yes. You have to make sure your using the latest IOS6. Then follow this crazy procedure. lol

It works!

To receive texts on an iPhone with iOS6 try this (note I did a master reset the night before but don't know that it is necessary):

1) Delete your phone from the car. Delete Sync from your phone.

2) Turn the phone off and on again (just off/on, Turn the car off and on again.

** Don't know if the above two are necessary either but I figured why not start "clean".

3) Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it do its thing (phonebook loading, voicemail #, 911 assist, etc.)

4) On your phone, turn BT off. Turn it on again.

5) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.

6) Go into the settings screen for Sync (little arrow to the right of Sync).

7) Set Notifications to "On".

8) Back up a screen and turn BT off again. Turn it back on.

9) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to BT.

#2,679 ·
The update went smoothly. The only problem I had was with reporting the install from the USB drive, a vehicle health report should fix that.

I really like the flattened voice command structure. The ability to switch to a channel or song between different sources with one command is awesome, except that I noticed you can't specify a satellite bank and preset until that device is active first. I'll have to mess around with a bit more during the work commute next week. Sitting in the car for over an hour updating and reprogramming was enough for me today.

A little tip for those with satellite. Create a list of the channel numbers and the presets they're stored in. Put that list on your phone, tablet, or in the cloud such as Google Drive so it can be accessed from a portable device. When it comes time to reprogram, just use your voice to bring up the channel then enter it as a preset. It goes a lot faster this way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#2,682 ·
Here's one that I'm wondering if anyone else has seen.

Every now and then when I attempt to lower the radio volume via the steering wheel it increases. The only way to turn it down is with the knob on the dash.

I've had it for a while and was hoping that this update would solve it. I guess that means its more likely a hardware issue that soft?

Very random but once it occurs it won't go away until the ignition is cycled (and then off for a period of time, how much exactly I do not know).

Joe

#2,683 ·
I believe there is indeed a fix for this. The problem is with the controller in the steering wheel, but I'm pretty sure there is a firmware fix. Anyone feel free to chime in if you know the exact number.

#2,714 ·
I honestly think that Ford's biggest problem with competing in the US auto market is the high volume of really lousy dealers. I don't think most of them have moved beyond 1970's mentality with regard to customer service. I have never had many issues with my car, but EVERY dealer in central Florida is a disgrace to Ford. Honda, Acura, VW, BMW, Toyota and Lexus dealers are all much better. I hate to generalize, but I have had a lot of experience with different dealers and the trend is very clear. Obviously I can't speak for all of them, but I have good friends in Michigan, and I hear the same from them as well. /Rant Off

#2,707 · (Edited)
I followed the procedure with my new iPhone 5 with IOS 6.02 after I updated to 3.5.1. It didn't work immediately, I didn't see the notifications on the iPhone’s Sync connection. But after a couple times turning BT off/on it appeared. Once I turned it on the messaging worked. I am actually about as upset that the syncmyride site requires IE with activeX enabled as I am with Apple. Who in his right mind would use IE with ActiveX enabled? Talk about NOT supporting open Internet standards, you can't get more proprietary than IE with ActiveX. And Ford claims to be security conscious!

The second problem is that over the last year I have told everyone to quit texting me during my 1.5 hour commute because I can't get them while driving. Now I can but no one sends any!

I do agree that Apple is heinous. I hate the company's methods but I love my iPhone. I don't think people would quit using them if they had SD card support, standard BT stack and a standard mirco USB port for charging.

I have tried a couple HTC Droids. The last one was the new Evo 4G LTE. It had a great screen, fast processor and the HTC interface was much better than the last one. However, it wouldn't do BT text either and I liked the features of IOS much better.

I did notice that my other BT devices like Plantronics ear pieces, Logitech speakers and Sync do work better with the iPhone - longer distance, quicker pairing, better multi device support. Maybe Apple has a reason for the non-standard BT Stack.
Michael

#2,709 ·
Did you do it yourself?

If the dealer did it, they have to leave the car running while doing the update, so this doesn't surprise me.

#2,717 ·
Anyone wondering what Ford has in store for CES this week? Apparently there has already been a social app introduced for Sync that has no association with MFT. What I'm really hoping for is that Ford grows a brain and comes out with a bridging app for all the smartphone platforms that can send along text and music meta data, and phone calls, etc.. there would be no more incompatibility across cell phones then. MFT would have to be updated yet again but what do I know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.