Is the Fiesta ST in showrooms yet? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #21
Gi_Jo_Nathan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98931
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5Door MTX

FF Reputation: 3 Gi_Jo_Nathan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
It's cool you got to do that.
I thought the article was great.

It's hard to believe the Fiesta is only four inches narrower.. Seams much more.
12 SE HB MTX, IE Tuned, Snorkel DLT, Green Filter(Gray), custom 2.5" cat-back w/borla, Steeda RSB & Short Shift Bracket, JBR Solid Shifter Bushing's, MS3 RMM w/Corksport Inserts, Ti Heads, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, De-chromed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #22
SVTweez101
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 118057
What I Drive: 2004 sonic blu SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SVTweez101 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
We went to the local Ford dealer yesterday, in a FoFo ST , and the dealer would not let us test the fiest ST due to keeping the miles low. The sticker was truly higher than the Focus ST. With???
Old 09-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #23
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I'm guessing you guys are comparing loaded Fiesta STs to base Focus STs. There is a loaded white one here in MI for sub $25k. To get a Focus ST with heated recaros you are talking north of $28,500.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 09-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #24
FlightSuit
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85758
What I Drive: 2003 sangria red ZX5 2.3L PZEV

FF Reputation: 1 FlightSuit Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gi_Jo_Nathan View Post
It's cool you got to do that.
I thought the article was great.

It's hard to believe the Fiesta is only four inches narrower.. Seams much more.
Thank you kindly! I think I got the dimensions right off the Ford USA site, if I'm remembering correctly.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #25
FlightSuit
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85758
What I Drive: 2003 sangria red ZX5 2.3L PZEV

FF Reputation: 1 FlightSuit Good Standing Member
I wrote another article about Ford vehicles. Here it is. I hope you all enjoy it.

Police saving fuel money with new vehicles in San Mateo County

Quote:

Local police agencies are saving money on fuel after switching to new motorcycles and cruisers -- the latter change was driven by the demise of a popular car.

The Ford Motor Co. ceased production of the Crown Victoria in 2011. That car, widely used by police agencies for cruisers, is being replaced by the Police Interceptor sedan and Police Interceptor utility vehicle, which are based on Ford's Taurus sedan and Explorer SUV.

Tom Shiosaka, motor vehicles supervisor for the Daly City Police Department, said his organization has eight Police Interceptor sedans and four Explorer-based Police Interceptor utility vehicles in its fleet. He said the new vehicles are more expensive than the Crown Victorias, but he estimates they're 20 percent to 30 percent more fuel-efficient.

"We've definitely saved some money on gasoline," Shiosaka said.

The choice of the vehicles by Daly City police and their fuel savings contrasts with the California Highway Patrol's experience.

CHP Assistant Chief Brent Newman said his agency recently purchased 750 of the Interceptor utility models, roughly 200 of which have been put into service. However, he said the CHP has seen only a small reduction in its fuel consumption.

The CHP chose larger engines and more of the SUV-style vehicles, which, Shiosaka said, are better suited to the CHP's needs.

Newman said his agency hadn't projected significant savings, and therefore isn't disappointed by the results it's getting.

"We're exactly where we had anticipated being," Newman said.

The CHP assistant chief said the new Interceptors yield other benefits. One example, he said, is their electronic traction control, which reduces the likelihood that an officer will lose control during a high-speed chase.

Pacifica police Capt. Dan Steidle said his agency's fleet is now evenly divided between the old Crown Victorias and the new Taurus-bodied cars. While fuel cost data wasn't readily available, he said the new cars are working out well.

One challenge has been fitting equipment into the vehicle interiors, he said.

"The biggest issue we had was that we never had vehicles that small before," Steidle said, "It took some finagling to get that to work."

The San Mateo Police Department just received its new cars, said Field Operations Capt. Wayne Hoss, but his agency is saving fuel funds with other vehicles.

Hoss said the department has begun to replace its Harley-Davidson and Honda motorcycles with fully electric vehicles manufactured by Scotts Valley company Zero Motorcycles.

Hoss said one charge lasts an entire shift, and the bikes easily exceed the 121-mile city range stated by the manufacturer. He said the cost of operation is about a penny per mile.

In addition to being zero emission vehicles, the electric motorcycles also have zero noise emissions, Hoss said.

He said patrol officers love the bikes, because they can hear each other talk while riding side-by-side and the lack of engine noise allows them to be more aware of their surroundings.

-San Francisco Examiner

Because I'd pitched this idea to my editor as being a story about fuel economy, I didn't have the liberty of getting into all the fun details about performance.

A couple of interesting things I learned were that, according to the CHP, the Explorer-based Interceptors handle almost as well as the Taurus-based ones, because they're essentially the same car under the skin.

Another interesting thing I learned, from the San Mateo police, was that they didn't opt for the turbocharged EcoBoost engines, because patrolling cities, they just don't need all that extra horsepower.

Bookmarks & Social Networks