Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The 2012 Window Tint Thread

395K views 924 replies 326 participants last post by  Tiger-Heli 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's see 'em! [headbang]

#340 ·
Ok, I took some pictures when I got gas today. Wow, snow! But ya also installed some molded splash guards/mud flaps on the car before taking it out of the garage and into the snow. They work great! wow!

Third picture shows some tiny bubbling but it's only been a day so I am hoping they will fade. Plus the car has been in a dark garage all day and night so no sun to bake the tint in yet and get those bubbles out.

#341 ·
Ok, I took some pictures when I got gas today. Wow, snow! But ya also installed some molded splash guards/mud flaps on the car before taking it out of the garage and into the snow. They work great! wow!

[pics]

Third picture shows some tiny bubbling but it's only been a day so I am hoping they will fade. Plus the car has been in a dark garage all day and night so no sun to bake the tint in yet and get those bubbles out.
edited out your pics so people wouldn't have to scroll through them to read my response, but what % tint? nice to see another white focus. [cheers]

#344 ·
Hey guys,

Just spent the last 20 minutes reading the history of the thread. Some fine looking Foci! I just got back form the tint shop and set up an appointment to get mine done in two weeks. I've settled on getting Llumar CTX, but the question I'm tossing back and forth is to go either 40% or 30% all the way around (all windows except windshield). I'm personally not the biggest fan of having different tints on different windows, so it'll have to be one or the other. There's only a 3% heat resistance between the two (47% heat reduction on the 40%, 50% reduction on the 30%), so this question is really about aesthetics, not so much function.

Any thoughts?

-B

#350 ·
35% on windows. Lamin-X 6% on headlights and Yellow on fog lights.

#352 ·
Well I found a few in Joisey.

$240 for 3m (May be able to get a discount)
$175 for Madico Charcool

$100 was the cheapest I found but I'm skeptical of the quality.

I am looking to keep it Jersey leagal so I'll be going 20% all around the back unless you guys w/20% feel it's too dark then I may do 20% rear doors/35%Hatch...

Can anyone chime in here?

#355 ·
nice pics guys... all lookin' good.
i've been toying w/ tinting as well but w/ a black leather interior i'm afraid if it feelin like a cave inside... As it is i find it dark as my last car had a camel colour interior which was nice and bright even w/ a light tint. any opinions?

#361 ·
Come on guys, it's not fair ! When I see those dry driveways and sun, not one ounce of snow....

#362 ·
I got a coupon for tinting with 3M FX HP,or 3M Crystalline for $150. Since I live in Texas and am interested in heat rejection I'll probably go with the Crystalline at 40%. I haven't had a car tinted before.

#364 ·
3M window film is average quality film. With that said, Cystalline is probably their best, or one of their best, for car windows and that is a steal of a price for it installed. It is usually two to three times that much (for some reason, people are willing to pay big bucks for the 3M name, even though 3M does not make their own window film).

#375 ·
I'm debating what tint to order and I'm going to try my luck with an ebay kit. Delaware laws SUCK though; you cant tint headlights or taillights, you cant tint the windshield at all, and fronts are limited to 75%. Thank god they don't care how dark you tint the back and rear windows. I kinda think a really dark tint and nothing on the front would just look stupid, so I'm thinking of doing 35% rear and 70% front. The front is included in the kit so I may as well use it-even if it's barely anything. Do you think I could get away with 50% front? My car's red already though and I don't need another cop magnet.

#376 ·
I am in the same situation here in QC. I was thinking about 70% FS - 50% BS - 35% B but still debating. I have two more months to make a final decision. [;)]
Here is a tint simulator.

*FS = Front side
*BS = Back side
*B = Back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.