Focus Fanatics Forum banner

TPS Issue

902 views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 ·
Working on the tuning on my car only thing holding me back is the TPS its readying steady low ...
My car was at one shop woth a dummy and he said he was going to replace it idk if he did cant really ask now its at a new shop what should i look for its in a focus sport throttle body ive ready of it was placed wrong it could read high bit what if its reading low ..??? Any help would be awesome !!! Trying to finish getting this thing to run efficient tonigh so i can start ripping it!:) thanks

#6 ·
If your tuner cannot tell you if your TPS is bad its time for another tuner , I cannot help because I dont know what the issues is and im not tuning the car , this is why its best to go to a knowledgeable tuner

Not trying to be an ass here but checking a TPS is mechanics 1st week , If I knew more of what was happening I could help more

Tom

#7 ·
My tuner is perfectly fine im sure he will figute it out im only asking for the fact of trying to help if someone had something like this happen before so he dosnt have to check 20 things and can focus on one...

#10 ·
Im not trying to be a dick either but every post has said its reading low and right away ur blaming the tuner and say that i havnt stated the prob.. But i have a couple times my question was stating what could cause it to read low its reading so idk if its bad or not and if its not im not gonna buy another one and have the same prob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.