Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Eastwood's turbo zetec build for 300hp daily driver

32K views 94 replies 12 participants last post by  ZXthrizzle05 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I finally decided to make a new thread for my build progress and questions
Any help is appreciated, any critiques too :D
this is going to be an epic build because it is first time when I mess with car like that
and I'm a software engineer not a car mechanic so sorry for stupid questions :D :D
and I do speak 3 languages so sorry for my grammar or misspelling although who cares right?

my parts list:
1) a brand new zetec engine block with supertech pistons and eagle rods and stock crank balanced for 9 k rpm)
2) Ford Racing head with a Crower valve springs and TITANIUM retainers installed
4) Crower turbo grind cam gears - will need to buy
5) AEM adjustable cam gears
6) Gates timing belt
7) 2000 zetec Intake manifold + Focus Sport 70 mm TB
8) Torsen LSD for MTX-75 - need to install
9) Diablo Mafia
10) Focus Power DIY turbo kit
11) turbo charger - probably garrett 28rs or turbonetics super 60
12) CFM billet oil pump gears
14) SAMCO blue engine coolant hose kit

Looking to get 300 - 350 hp at the 7 k rpm for now and then will see if will go with a different setup and diff hp levels and drag race it

an original 20 K miles engine is out of the car and will not touch it for now- will keep it as replacement. Currently building my new engine with all the parts above.

And yeah I got my hands on FOCUS RS body parts: bumpers and arches the only piece is missing is side skirts

See less See more
#3 ·
You don't need cams or any head work to make 300whp. So if you want to save money you can.

#32 ·
:what:

2000 manifold is one piece, flows well enough and is expensive to mass produce.

2001+ is two piece of a new simpler design, pressed together and cheaper to make.

Just like everything after my 2000, stuff that cost money was dumped in favor of cheaper assembly.

Discounting the SVT manifold due to complication of implementation it is best flowing factory manifold and can be had used or new fairly cheaply.

300hp isn't difficult to attain. Keep build cost low and focus on quality hard parts and the best tuning you can buy.

#8 ·
Was just a change like every car manufacturer does. And agreed half the stuff u mentioined isn't needed for just 300 ponies. U will need a bap definately. But the head work notneeded unless your head is bad and u want to kill two birds with one stone. I just realized I've been blowin out some smoke under boost so I think I'm needing a new head because it'd be cheaper than paying a shop to install new valves. But ur right on trqck and as far as turbo goes I've told ya a hundred times my opinion for the spa manifold. Do u have the pcv delete?

#9 ·
I have a pcv delete from CFM
I have been reading that precession is not really long lasting turbos as garret or turbonetics
and I want to buy one with Ball bearing and have power from like 3100 rpm and up

I think those valves with retainers is more about revs I have had honda s2000 and I like that ability of rev it up to 9 k
i know zetec is not as that but at least 7-8 k so those springs and head will suite fine btw I don't have a stock head so this head will kill 2 rabbits at once :D

does anybody have an idea what to do with that PS with sensor?

#13 ·
i agree with every one else. head work and cams is un-needed for 300whp. just do pistons and rods with arp headbolts and stock headgasket and throw it back together. spend that money on a clutch, fw, lsd, and 3" exhaust. and no need to rev the piss out of it, 300whp dd is very easy to do. a simple kit like toms with a turbo like a gt28rs will be perfect, and just like tom said a precision is a reworked garrett. the 2k IM is a one piece unit instead of being 2 piece like the newer manifolds. mine held 27psi for over a year no problem.

good luck with our build, your in the right place for plenty of useful advice. most of us here have made 300whp lol

#17 ·
On focal jet when the dude made his own line he said that with the line with the sensor the problem he ran into was no ps until bout 1200 rpms.....sotheres ur downfall. Unless you order anew svt line and just go with that

#24 ·
No I bought the 55mm one. Supports 450whp. I was told by jim that I shuld go with the 55mm one because the powerband is bigger and more exciting. Sure the spool starts around 3k but man all the way to 7200rpms is A LOT of fun and ponies to be made

#31 ·
does focus 2003 throttle body linkage works with 2000 type throttle body ? going to have a ported 2000 intake manifold with 70 mm TB and a few people say that linkage/cables will work and some will not work .. .confused Does anybody went through 2003-2000 intake swap ?

#39 ·
so as I said I have a ford racing head that I am trying to upgrade with crower valve springs and titanium retainers - so far I got 2 of them installed LOL - spent like 2 hors to get those little furry bastards those which hold retainers on valve noticed how thin are stock springs and how beefy are crower's will post a few pictures how it is done and what have been used
I haven't find any ictures on the forum how and what people use for it so I will make that information available for folks ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.