Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Custom Turbo

Votes: 42 15.3%
  • TopSpeed Turbo

Votes: 3 1.1%

Official Ford Focus Turbo / Supercharger Kit Feedback

123K views 51 replies 51 participants last post by  radius6 
#1 ·
We're interested in hearing about your turbo or supercharger kit, please take a moment and post your feedback.

If there is a kit missing, feel free and let us know.

Please use only the format below, any other post format will be deleted.

Example

Kit Name: My Turbo Kit
Cost Rating 1-10: 9
Support Rating 1-10: 8
Quality Rating 1-10: 8
Price: $3500.00 (Optional)
Comments: Excellent kit for the money.

-----------------------------------------------------

Kit Name:
Cost Rating 1-10:
Support Rating 1-10:
Quality Rating 1-10:
Price:
Comments:

See less See more
#27 ·
Kit: Custom
Cost Rating: 10 (Not sure what the frame of reference is here. A chart would be nice)
Support: 10
Quality: 10
Cost: ~$2,500 including exhaust, tuning, xcal 2, dyno time, LC-1 wideband, everything

Comments:
Full build thread with tons of pics: sporadic's Turbo Duratec build thread
IHI Turbo at 9.5 psi

#28 ·
Kit Name: Precision Turbo
Cost Rating 1-10: 7
Quality Rating 1-10: 9
Price:$3600 used $2200
Comments:I like the kit easy to install,quick to spool
with lots of low end Torque.
Down side is I don't like the oil pump for the turbo.
225hp 232tq

Kit Name:powerworks SVT kit
Support Rating 1-10: 10
Price:$3650 SVT $2925 ZX3
Comments: Awesome low torque fun to drive, but wont make over 300hp

Kit Name:part Custom Part Massive Thrust Turbo
Support Rating 1-10: 10 Massive support
Price: N/A
Comments: 240Hp on 14psi

#29 · (Edited)
Jrsc

Kit Name:JRSC
Cost Rating 1-10: 8
Support Rating 1-10: 9
Quality Rating 1-10: 10--BIG TIME
Price: $3,000
I have had my JRSC kit on my car for the last 3 years and 45,000 miles. This is the only power adder that i have put on the car at this time but want to start either not spending any more money on this toy and invest in another V8 or start tearing into the head and getting all the other minor bolt on here too..

#30 ·
Kit Name: Powerworks
Cost Rating 1-10: 10 too expensive to be worth it.
Support Rating 1-10: 6 Blew up twice and 8 they put the third engine in.
Quality Rating 1-10: 10 on product, 2 on tune.
Price:4000 + 3000 for the new engine.
I like the car now, but I will always be tenative about really getting into it. Thinking about selling it.

#31 ·
Kit Name:FocusSport VF Super Charger Stage 3 Kit modified (I marked Vortech on the poll)
Cost Rating 1-10: 10
Support Rating 1-10: 10+
Quality Rating 1-10: 10+
Price: $4000+
Comments: This has been a very good kit and Focus Sports continuous support has been outstanding. This is the only SC kit that can be modified as much as I have modified it. I have changed it from a SC non inter cooled(stage 1), to SC inter cooled + high boost(stage 2), to larger crank pulley and smaller SC pulley(more boost stage 2.5), to a blow through system (even more boost stage 3) currently the kit is putting out 15psi at the rev limiter. No dyno #'s right now still working out the kinks in the blow through set up.

#32 · (Edited)
-Kit Name: PowerWorks
-Cost Rating 1-10: 10 (got it at the end for cheap)
-Support Rating 1-10: 7...i called once and never once heard from them, BUT they did return my PSM in 4 days [:)]
-Quality Rating 1-10: 9 all very nicely done here
-Price: $3,199 SHIPPED. that was my reason for purchase
-Comments: I wanted something to push me out of the corners. This thing propels me into it, pulls me through the apex and throws me out of it [:D]. I am only getting 8-9lbs when it's hotter out but it is pulling really nice. Makes the car balanced right where I wanted it to be. I killed that crankcase vent hose to the Intake and it runs cooler now.

It runs hot and the idle hangs, but other than that it is FUN.

#33 ·
Kit Name:Gude
Cost Rating 1-10:5
Support Rating 1-10:1
Quality Rating 1-10:1
Price:$1200
Comments:

This is the biggest piece of crap put together on this earth. I changed everything, the kit dosn't even work correctly. The injectors are to small, the MAF maxes out @ 4k, the turbo seal went bad after 1,000 miles.

Forget Customer Service it doesn't exist. GUDE is the biggest piece of crap in the automotive world.

Kit Name:My Custom Turbo
Cost Rating 1-10:10
Support Rating 1-10:8
Quality Rating 1-10:8
Price:$4200
Comments:

Price includes engine rebuild with WISECO pistons 9:1 Eagle rods. Running 10psi till 5k then I have maxed out the airflow to the turbo so it drops to 7-8 till 7k. I have a new one ready to give me 300+ whp. Thats going on very soon.
[popcorn]

#34 ·
Kit Name: Xios Custom Turbo Kit
Support Rating 1-10: 9

Price: Pieced the kit together so not sure at the moment. However, I got the turbo, manifold, downpipe, intercooler and dual fans for a little over $2,000.

Comments: I purchased the SVT turbo manifold, downpipe, intercooler, GT2871R turbo and SPAL dual fans from Xios. Everything else I either had already, purchased elsewhere or had custom made. The kit is very nice quality kit and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a turbo kit. Andreas is a great guy to work with and helped me out quite a bit. The only thing I would change would be the internal wastegate setup. I have my kit converted to blow-through but draw-through may be just as good.

#36 ·
Kit Name: Procharger
Support Rating 1-10: 6
Quality Rating 1-10: 7
Price:Bought second hand - $2500 (supercharger), $100 - 42# injectors, tons of $$$$ on tuning..

I have a Procharger Supercharger and have had it on for nearly a year.

So far I like it. The install itself was pretty straight forward even though there were some tie up due to the AC plumbing and some issues with clearance with the stock radiator. Besides those two issue the install was a piece of cake. The only time we needed a power tool was to take off the stock crank pulley.

6 months after the install the bearing located outside the supercharger seemed to be seizing so my brother and I replace it ourselves. It wasn't easy since we had to use a pulley puller to take it off but once we got it off we replaced the pulley and the supercharger ran just as well as before and a lot quieter.

As for the power - I wish it had more low end torque but that's centrifugal superchargers for you. After 3,000 RPMs this thing comes alive and starts pulling endlessly to 7,000 RPMs. The pull isn't like a turobcharger which pulls you back in your seat right away it's more like riding in a torque fill naturally aspirated motor (oxymoron when talking about a 4 banger but stay with me). The "pull" is steady and easy to control but isn't jerky like a turbo motor would be. I like it and I compare the pull to a S2000 just with more torque.

The technical support from Procharger is sort of foggy. My tuner called them a few times and talked to some of their reps but my tuner said he wasn't sure how much knowledge those guys actually knew about the charger itself - my tuner seemed some what frustrated. I call Procharger myself on questions about changing the bearing and they basically told me "Send it to us we'll take care of it.." which is fine but I ended up doing things myself. I don't mind Procharger wanting to help but when the only answer you get is "Give it to us.." it gets tiring.

Planning to tune the Procharger with a FMIC and maybe a 3" MAF tubing. Want to reach 220-230 WHP.

#37 ·
kit name: jrsc w/bbk
cost rating: 1-10: 9
support: 1-10 : 9
quality:1-10: 9
price:2800
comments: i love this kit especailly for an automatic focus.i have others mods,but no internals done yet and im boostin at 11psi right now. and hope to get sum numbers up this summer =]

#38 ·
Kit name: Vortech (non-intercooled)
Cost rating: 7
support: 2
quality: 5
price: Tuner kit..$1200 36lb injectors..$50 Tune..$100
Comments: It was a tuner kit off ebay, and it sat in the garage for a year before I got around to installing it. I had to download the latest install instructions from the website, and there are absolutely NO TORQUE SETTINGS! This is not good, How the hell tight is too tight?? Customer Service from Vortech sucked, they are jacka$$, and no help. I was missing parts and spent many trips to hardware store, and a couple months finding the correct belt. The kit layout is lame, I had to little work arounds here and there to get it to install correctly. Yes, the battery is in the bumper. This is not cool if you try to pass inspection at the track. Luckily, Joe at Tricktuners is helping me get it dialed in.

Stay the 'ell away from Vortech!

#39 ·
Kit Name: Focus Sport Stage 2
Cost Rating: 10
Support Rating: 10
Quality Rating: 10
Price: $3800.00 or so
Comments: This is the way to go. Stellar service well engineered. Next step is the bottom end.

#41 ·
Kit Name: JRSC w/BBK
Cost Rating 1-10: 10+
Price: $600
Comments: Great kit for the cost..... FRPP tune is very aggressive, due to it coming off the first FRPP SVT test car. S/C creates a lot of heat, made custom CAI to keep temps down.

#42 ·
Figured I'd finally post here.

Kit Name:Jackson Racing Supercharger w/ BBK
Support Rating 1-10: 7
Price: $900
Comments: Bought used for a steal. Well designed if used as intended, which I'm not. Running a custom 6.5" crank pulley so its pretty difficult to keep heat in check. Tuned by Tom.

#43 ·
Kit Name: Focus-Power Turbo
Quality Rating 1-10: 10
Price: $2300 plus wastegate, BOV, and plumbing
Comments: Great quality, performance is awesome, and Tom's support was fantastic. Highly recommended!

#44 ·
Kit Name: JRSC
Support Rating 1-10: 1
Price: $1200
Comments: JRSC M45 Zetec too small of a s/c for the motor, BBK adds boost, but, adds heat, supercharger efficiency goes to crap. Kit was modified for my rear wheel drive application. 169hp at rear wheels.

If you pruchase one used plan on making several of the gaskets yourself, moss motors no longer carries them.

The Manifold is poorly designed.

I'm in the process of changing out the supercharger with a Sprintex 5S-210 twin screw positive displacement unit.

just my $.02 worth

#45 ·
Kit Name: Kesatie Motorsports Turbo Kit
Price: $2,900
Comments: Kit was originally made for svt. but arranging the piping a bit and relocating the bov to from the intercooler instead of it being on the bottom of the turbo like it was and buying a coule pieces of alum piping to fab myself i made it work for the zetec. Matt the kit maker is doing all the tuning for me. and so is Tom. the turbo is AR .60 so it spools at a higher RPM then what im used to with other turbos

#49 ·
Caught not checking dates myself.

Only six years late then....

Thread got bumped & silly me - didn't check the date on the latest post. Poll response can bump it so the latest shows as new.

#50 ·
Old post, but what the heck.

Kit name: PowerWorks supercharger
Cost rating: 5 (paper work from 1st owner shows cost $5,000)
Support rating: 0 (no longer in business)
Quality rating: Nice install, meets 50 state smog requirements
Comments: Have had no problems, idle hangs till at a dead stop then drops to normal idle, great power, beat lots of 5.0 Mustangs and Camaros. Is in a low miles SVT, addictive performance.

#51 ·
Kit Name: Focus-Power Turbo
Cost Rating 1-10: 10
Quality Rating 1-10: 10
Price: $3500
Comments: everything has been awesome, bought it new and tom has been the best when it comes to customer support! logging and tuning with him is so easy. i went built and a bigger turbo and return fuel system and on my way up to high hp its a great quality kit i couldn't be happier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.