Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Building a duratec for boost

3K views 29 replies 5 participants last post by  koke'sfocus 
#1 ·
So im wondering about what all I want to do to my focus next. Im already boosted and making good power but as many of you know, you always feel the need for more. At least I do. So my main focus, for now, is bottom end. Forged internals and arp hardware. Also clutch and lsd. So what I am curious about most is the top end. I've been searching for quite a while on building the head. I've thought about building my own with a 2.3 head but am leaning towards the massive head. But seeing as I have a 2010, im wondering about cams. I haven't seen much info on people who have actually installed the fi cams or any other info other than hard to tune for. Any input is appreciated.

#2 ·
I'd go for a 23 head w/ ss valves. I'd more then likey use the stock ones, for a turbo. What hp & torque are you putting down? A clutch & a torsen will do wonders.

#12 ·
Very nice. Pretty much what I would like to be at. I'm looking at picking up a spare motor soon and building it on the side because this is my dd. It's good to see that the stock top end can handle that much.
I think I still want to do some work to the head or find a 2.3. More flow, more power.

#18 ·
Should be getting some parts together starting end of next month. I'll be starting a build thread shortly after that. Kind of tossing around some power goals right now. I'm getting a t3 manifold so looking into some options there. If I'm building up the motor why not beef up the turbo?

#20 ·
Hey Hughesy27 u ask me about the hx35, well with my setup I just dyno tune the car and with only 12psi I got 353whpso is a really good number I was expecting 300ish

#24 ·
Noo, its stock but really good numbers for the cheap holset turbo :D

#25 ·
Ok so I ordered a cylinder head from online. Thought I was getting the 2.3 but instead the 2.5 showed up at my door. So I was wondering what all needs to be done to make this work on the 2.0 block. I read a little on topspeed's build but just seeing if anyone has any information. I'll post up some pics later.

#26 ·
A little update. Turbo just arrived. It's a hy35. Looks really good. Shaft play is normal with no oil. Free spins no problem. Still will have it rebuilt for peace of mind. Wastegate flap has been welded shut, welds look really clean. Have the 2.5 head tore down. Wastegate is on the way along with catch can. Just a few more parts and I'll start the new build thread. I'll post some pics up soon.

#27 ·
By the way, if anyone is interested, I'll be selling most of my old setup. Nothing wrong just going bigger. Just hit me up if you're interested. Will be a month or two until I get everything I need to complete it. Will be the manifold, Turbo, oil feed line with restictors for the turbo, drain flange and injectors. Also a flange for 3" downpipe. Building interest at this point. Just check out by turbo build thread to see everything. Will probably throw in the hotside piping also. Getting all new welded because of the new turbo placement.

#30 ·
I want a manifold like that :( lol it looks great :)
Posted via FF Mobile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.