Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Something new...

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Rotaryrocket 
#1 · (Edited)
I have completed the installation of a Sprintex 5s-210 supercharger on my zetec. 210 liters/second .94 liters/revolution (57 cubic inches). This will lower intake temperatures and allow for more boost.

This is replacing the Jackson Racing M45 eaton unit. A couple bits and pieces to sort out then off to the tuner.

If the photo doesn't load try this:

http://www.spritespot.com/gallery/Bugeye-Zetec-Install/DSCF0060

The Sprintex SC is a positive displacement supercharger (twin screw) similar to the Kenne Bell type. I adapted it to the Jackson Racing manifold already in place (although, the JRSC manifold is less than optimal).

BTW this is in my 1959 Austin Healey Sprite, it is a rear wheel drive setup, using a Mustanf 5 speed and Mazda Rx7 Rear End.

See less See more
#2 ·
very cool car. looked through all the pics and you have done an amazing job. love the project. how much power are the spintexs suppose to make? keep going with it and it will end up turbo lol [thumb]

#5 · (Edited)
The picture is kind of a memorial to the cat, he passed away a few months ago at the age of 18, but he loved cars...

The sprintex is suppose to be good for 300hp, but, that doesn't include the restrictions in the JRSC manifold. One of the big advantages over the roots type s/c is the boost comes in at very low rpm, should be able to have 14psi at 1800rpm.

Tom, you're right about how close the belts are, but, i'm using the JRSC pulley set-up. If they contact I'll be able to tell when it launches through the fiberglass hood...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.