Focus Fanatics Forum banner

All Australian Ford Focus Owners Post Here

28K views 152 replies 27 participants last post by  Pumbaa25 
#1 ·
All Australian Ford Focus Owners Post Here

Come on folks let’s get this Australian Ford Focus Forum moving

This is great forum for all Ford Focus driver/owners!

So post here and tell about your Ford Focus and indicate where you live in Oz.

Thanks[welcome]

#2 ·
Hi, just jouned the forum.There are not a lot of Aussie posters here, maybe that will change in time.

I got my new LW MkII Focus Trend in late December, so far I'm very happy with this car.

I live in Hervey Bay Qld. I have not seen too many current model Focus' on the road, but I think it's a good thing. I was considering a Mazda 3, but there are so damn many of them driving around.
The Focus was much nicer to drive during the test drives compared with the Mazda, so it was an easy choice for me.

#8 ·
Welcome [wave] Nah just a very select group, there's a couple more with LW's.[thumb]

Post pics of your Focus [twothumbs]

#16 ·
here my LR. im still trying to get the MK1 RS wheels and spoiler for it but its hard to get them :/
[twothumbs] Looks great.

Get your pics in here David :)

We need some Focus Fanatics cards to put on windscreens.

#18 ·
You could try sending a part request to these guys http://www.fordpartsuk.com/ excellent guys. Trevor may be able to help you with the spoiler at least [dunno]

The wheels mate might be best to just keep an eye on Fleebay. [hihi] Or go aftermarket instead perhaps?

#31 ·
oh really.. Are you on green P's now? I thought the r32s were turbo models.. lol was going to say why settle for a golf then.. its up to you, why not just wait a bit and get something newer and better? like an mk3 NA focus, can save moeny that way and still make it look good

#35 ·
that's what I thought but they have done I terrible job its all squirmy on the high way and reluctant to turn into corners. I asked them about it and they said they use a generic setting, they gave me printed result and tow is negative on all four wheels. I asked ford they advised this is very wrong and I need to book in for a alignment to be redone. Very annoying I only did this as part of wheel rotation as it was a deal they had at the time.

#36 ·
you should be able ot go back and make them fix the job they have done, though they may say we just did it to a generic setting. Why did you not take it to ford? The warranty should cover it... or are you driving an older focus?

you should take it to ford, but if your in the west, there should be places like midas, repco ABS and local garages you could take it too, I would suggest you explain you want a factory specific wheel alignment.. Again ford dealers would probably give you the best job, though more expen$$ive. Anyawy best of luck

#37 ·
yep I wish I had taken it to ford this place is arounf the corner from work so was very convenient its booked in with ford next Monday to sort it out. are there many people from Melbourne on here. Would be great to get opinions from locals about how they find the focus. I have a 2013 trend.

#40 ·
yeah man I took my car to city ford to get it sorted, taking it back so that they can replace the gearbox, i'l keep you posted on what goes down, from what the new oak dealer told me, a lot of people have the same issue... So it's software, or you got stuck with a dodgy gearbox/transmission. They will replace the entire gearbox or transmission depending on what they deem to be faulty + they must honor the new car warranty

#41 ·
On another note, anyone interested in having a Melbourne meetup and cruise somewhere? Summer is around the corner, uni is finish, most of you guys will have holidays, so lets organise a cruise up in the dandy mountains or along the beach side. I'l try and get the photography down for us too so get your rides ready