Focus Fanatics Forum banner

300zx vs me

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  02SILVERSVTFOCUS 
#1 ·
so tonight im going out with somfreinds ( getting away from the girlfreind). my freind just bought a 1990 300zx 2+2 ( non turbo). so im gonna race him, should be prett good considering i take cars in this hp range alot (220) to the crank so w/ the flywheel,tranny, drive train should be about 190 to the wheels, if not a little more! he will probably take me but this spring when i get my turbo kit on.. its over!!

#6 ·
hate to burst your bubble but im pretty sure youll lose..my friend had a non turbo 300zx 5 speed and his best was a 9.6 at the track, with no mods at all.. he could pull from me from a 60-120 by about a car.. i dont think a auto will slow it down that much

#14 ·
Goat Roper said:
A 9.6 in the 1/8th is right in Focus territory.
whos focus??if you can pull a 9.6 out of my car come down and do it plz lol im sick of being around 10 flat all the time.. im pretty sure the only way you can get a zetec to do 9.6s is a build,slicks or spray

#15 ·
I have an SVT, but I ran one on the highway. Not sure about the trans, but the guy didn't look happy when I was walking past him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.