Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ford Focus Rear Subframe Question.

14K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  djcolburn1 
#1 ·
Will a 2007 Focus Rear Subframe fit my 2003 Focus?

#2 ·
What body style do you have? As far as I know sedans and hatches will interchange but the wagon has a different setup and might have a different rear subframe. maybe.

#5 ·
I dodnt break anything actually. I just want to put the rear subframe that has the mounts for a rear sway bar. Mine didn't come with one. I know you can buy a kit....but I'd rather have the subframe with it. But.... even the hatch back Focus' will work? Like the ZX3 ZX4 and what not?

#7 ·
I think you can just get some from the junk yard and the holes for the bar are already in your rear frame. a new frame seems like alot of work for sway bar bushings

#15 ·
MkII '08-'11 for bigger brakes, the only little difference in the suspension comes there as the later cars have slightly larger bolts through the arms holding on the stub axles.

Look for a version with the rear sway bar, no mounts on the ones without. Why add mounts when you can pick a sub frame with them?

#16 ·
I'm just trying to eliminate the rear drum brakes when its time. They are okay for now but obviously want something better, and need to add a hydro hand brake eventually. I can't imagine the 08+ ones have brakes that require anything bigger than a 15 inch wheel.

We are in the process of testing it all out now. Looking into buying another zx3 parts car or anything with the same motor/trans set up.

Whats the Mazda 3 thing I'm hearing? Anyone know the compatibility with those? Or is that a can of worms I dont want to open up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.