Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2010 SES Suspension squeaking everywhere

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mac.mogul 
#1 ·
So my friend has a 2010 SES with 68K worth of highway miles on it. He doesn't beat the car and keeps it in nice shape.

Over the past 5,000 miles the car has started squeaking everywhere. When the car hits any little bumps or anything all corners of teh car start squeeking quite loudly. The car still rides fine but it sounds like it has 200K on it! He has a full 100K warranty too he got with it.

Has anyone had anything similar? I didn't see any TSB's for it. Would it be a waste of time taking it in expecting it to be covered under Fords extended warranty?

#2 ·
It is squeaking and creaking the most in a parking lot setting. Start getting up to speed and the road noise covers it up some but you can still hear it.

Driving through a gas station area makes it sound like it's about to fall apart.

#4 ·
I agree, check the front sway bar end links, then replace the strut and shocks. They are at the end of their useful life. The warranty may cover the end links but rarely do they cover shocks and struts. The end links are fairly inexpensive. Duralast ones from Autozone are less than 30.00 for a pair.

#5 ·
It seams like such a high pitched squeak and creaking that it would be the mounting points or something.

Yes, bumper to bumper 100K warranty. I wasn't sure that it would be covered but it should. There is a $100 deductible for them to look at it and I wanted to make sure that something like this would be covered since it just is really annoying and does not seem to have any direct affect on the handling or safety of the car.

#6 ·
The squeak is most likely cause by the ebrake cable mounting points towards the rear. The coating around the ebrake wears off at the mounting point and causes that annoying squeak. Take a peice of rubber hose and slide it through the bracket and your good to go!
Posted via FF Mobile

#7 ·
Ya know, I read about the cable squeak in some other threads and wondered if that could possibly be it. Damn, it really transfers the sound if that's the problem.

Is there a TSB about it with Ford?

#8 ·
Turns out that it was the cable squeeking. There is some kit they ordered. It sounded like the whole damn chassie was falling apart and it was just a stupid cable.

Fixed and back to nice and quiet.

#9 ·
squeaky Suspension

I have a 2010 Focus. A week ago, it started squeakly when I drove slowly over bumps. I took it to the Ford dealer this morning. In their words, this is what they did:"Confirmed noise when going over bumps, squeak & clunk in rear, found EEbrake cable insulators squeaking in eyelets. Warranty over. Can stop squeak by removing eyelets and securing EEbrake cables to body. Performed repair, road test, all ok now."
My focus has 45,000 kilometers on it. The cost of repair was $139.50 Canadian
Hope this helps someone

#10 ·
There are multiple threads about this issue. The most common repair is to lubricate the mount points to prevent the squeaking.

I would be interested to know how they "secured" the cable to the body...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.