Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus RS & Focus Cosworth - How much are you willing to pay?

330K views 445 replies 282 participants last post by  BryanPendleton 
#1 ·
If Ford Motor Company brings the Focus RS & Cosworth to North America, would you buy one? If yes, how much are willing to pay?

Also, if you are interested, you can complete the petition below and we'll forward the information to Ford.
Sign Here! Petition to Ford Motor Company

We would also like to hear your opinions, so please feel free to express them here.

See less See more
#52 ·
Re: Escape from Stockholm

rangebum said:
in case anyone is curious to the Ford Cosworth you all should check out "Escape from Stockholm" chances are you won't find it in a video store. You'll likely have to get it off the net.
Know any sites that offer it?[???:)]

#53 ·
as I've posted before, this issue will never rest as long as they sell the Focus as cheaply as they do in the States. In Europe it's a premium car and people pay that much and there is no way on Earth unless ford US takes a loss on the car that you'll get it a dollar cheaper than they sell it in Europe. It's sad and it's also the reason we don't get it in Oz. But yes as you are all seemingly crying out, for anybody to accept a Focus RS equivalent, say an SVT Turbo Focus built in the USA, it would have to cost well under the $30k mark. That's what we've all been asking for here in Australia, for a locally made version too. If not, then just move to London or Brussels or something... In my mind it's worth it for the car. Sure is a sexy beast.

#55 ·
Would that be this Ford Falcon?!!! [thumb]

Did you mean it as a good or a bad term? Don't understand how it could be bad if you were meaning it that way.. But yes the Ford Falcon is a mighty beast.

#56 ·
sydneyzetec said:
Would that be this Ford Falcon?!!! [thumb]

Did you mean it as a good or a bad term? Don't understand how it could be bad if you were meaning it that way.. But yes the Ford Falcon is a mighty beast.
Ever since I seen that car on a thread that Focaltech made not too long ago I've been in love. I wish Ford would bring THAT here.

#58 ·
Or here's a last one to make y'all drool some more... took these last 2 myself...

The Ford Falcon here keeps winning awards for car of the year in Australia and it is honestly an amazing car. Makes it better when Ford won the Australian Touring Car Championship (our biggest race series where the cars are called V8 Supercars) this year.

Grant Turismo 4 has also published that there will be 3 or 4 Aussie Ford Falcons, including the XR8 Race car that was in the previous game, GT3. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

#60 ·
let me see if I can find a final teaser to make you all want to move to Australia... check this out... How bout a 390hp 5.4 litre V8 that cracks the 0-60 in under 6 seconds (5.9 to be exact) yet vcomfortably sits 5 adults in leather, air conditioning and sat-nav with all the luxuries. Nice. That's the Falcon GT.

And include the following link... http://members.optusnet.com.au/~badgerty/mypic27.jpg

#61 ·
I would get both if I could...around when is Ford thinking about bringing either one to the U.S.? I was thinking about buying the RS from Europe and having it shipped over here to the states...Do any of you know how I would go about importing the RS to the states and also the mods if any that I would have to do to get the emissions legal in Texas...Any ifo will help Thanx. Oh yeah Hi everyone. This is my first post. L8trz.

#63 ·
Yuppers...........think of all the Skyline's Motorex Imports from "The Land of the Rising Sun"......ALL street legal (due to crashing some for bumper standards) and ALL Right hand drives. Some scooby's are also right handers (delivering mail) and these are legal as well.

-Later

#65 ·
You know they sell Left Hand Drive RS all over Europe, just not in England (which admittedly has half of the 4000 odd RS!!!!)

#67 ·
Well hello there and happy new year. Well what can i say apart from that i must be one lucky git. why i here you ask because i own a FOCUS RS, and it realy is the the best car i have owned, it is a far better car than your svt focus (over here its called a st170). the rs takes the focus onto the next stage as far handling, braking are concerned, and as for the added performce the turbo gives you its what makes the car FUN bigtime.

cheeRS BELLY[thumb]

#70 ·
RallyFocus20 said:
I read in a magazine about the RS coming soon... does anyone know when?????????? Thanks
I read something similar just the other day in Motor Trend about the demise of the SVT Focus til' 2005+ but that the return of the Focus performance model (SVTish) would be Turbocharged and would be on par to deal with at least the WRX and SRT-4. If this is the case.......I've got dibs[:D]

-Later

#75 ·
I got that Motor Trend Article right here. It says:

"Now, SVT says, it's dropping the slow-selling, low-margin SVT Focus from the lineup for 2005, so there will be no cars or truck offered next year, unless you count the GT. Said GT has helped cause this one-year gap by expending SVT's resources, financial and human. If the SVT Focus does reappear in the future, it'll be a turbocharged car with power competitive with the Subaru WRX STi and Mitsubishi Evolution, an insider says."

So, it sounds like Ford is unsure if a new SVT Focus will come out again, but if it does, it will be like an STi or an Evo. Sounds good to me! Close, 02SVTFOCI, but better than you were thinking.

The article is on page 32 of the Feb. '04 isuue of Motor Trend, the one with the new 'Stang on the cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.