Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My Ford Touch Thread

2M views 4K replies 396 participants last post by  Teamlosi23 
#1 ·
A member mentioned about having a sticky for the MFT sytem and I thought it was a good idea. Here's the thread for owners to discuss the MFT system, talk about and share issues they are having and to even share solutions. I know there are several MFT threads already out there, but we gotta start somewhere. Please keep this clean as it's going to be for everyone's benefit.

For everyone's information:
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...wnerGuidePage&year=2012&make=Ford&model=Focus

Enjoy.

#992 ·
I know I can set the screen brightness manually. But why should I have to? It shouldn't dim every time I pass through the shadow of a cloud at dusk. Of course if favorites worked I could make that screen a favorite and jump to it and make the change however favorites from the steering wheel does not work now.

Don't get me wrong ver 3 is much better than ver 2.11 for me. The dealer and Ford sold me a product they knew had problems without telling me and letting me make an informed decision. My dealer does not put any of the MFT service in the system. They claim since no charges for service were incurred Ford does not want to see a service record. Ford closing out my Case #1441330602 without contacting me or doing anything is plain .....

Could I have done more research, absolutely. Will I think twice in the future absolutely. Do I like the car absolutely, it is quieter than my old car, responsive, transmission is good, like the steering in corners. Push button start is nice but the key sits deep in my pocket so when I get to the house front door have to dig for it. Maybe Ford can sell a lock set that unlocks when you touch the knob like the car does.

Left the key in the car once and couldn't lock the doors. Wife just laughed at me, reaching in and holding the key fob up for me to see.

Nice car and a pleasure to drive.

#995 ·
Question: are you saying ur MFT dims to night mode every time i gets dark in the cabin such as goin thru a tunnel? Mine doesn't do that.. It only dims when i turn the headlights on. It the lights aren't on the mft stays full bright (or whatever i set it to).. I do have auto dim on it tho. thnx

#1,007 ·
My display switched back and forth from day to night all the time, usually around sunset when a turn puts the setting sun either in direct or off the light sensor. There used to be a timer (20 or 40 seconds) before the display would dim/brighten under changing conditions, but it seems to be gone with the update. Now it happens as soon as light hits it. It can be a tunnel, or a bright light, and it switches, which is distracting... and when the nav is on, it redraws the screen, which is very slow to begin with.
Also since the update (not sure if related): My automatic headlights no longer go on with the automatic wipers, even though that setting is checked.

#1,011 ·
To the best of my knowledge that feature never worked correctly in the Focus. Even with 2.11, my auto wipers would never activate my lights if both the lights/wipers were set to auto.

#1,008 ·
Updated via SMR

I was trying to wait until my update arrived but then my system froze with max audio volume and stayed on after shutting the car off and I had to pull the fuse once again. I decided it was time to download the update from the SMR site and update my system even though I have NAV and would have to wait until my update arrived to be able to use that part of the system. After I updated the system all seemed okay for a while. Then about 3-4 days (yesterday) into using the system post update it kept rebooting every time I started the car. Along with the reboot it would reindex my flash drive of music. I recieved my upgrade package yesterday evening and put the new SD NAV card into the SD slot and then pulled the fuse to fully reset the system. Today when I started the car all was working fine. The system started up with no reboot or reindex and the music was playing fine off my flash drive via voice commands. I will have to see if it lasts. I was wondering do you all think...Is there a difference between the update they are sending out on the flash drive, the download on SMR and the update Ford is sending to the dealers? Are all three the same or do they all have differences as to the level of replacement of the OS (Adding or replacing files to update the system--->A total clean system install)?

#1,015 ·
I drove 7 hours this weekend in the Focus... uncovered more bugs.

Sometimes I couldn't 'open' the Entertainment page... I would have to open Climate or Phone and then press the 'Entertainment' button on the bottom, left. This happened to me 2-3 times while listening to USB audio.

Album art is hit or miss. For some reason only Beatles album art shows... everything else is blank.

Overall, the update is an improvement in terms of stability.... it's just these various bugs that make the system overall unpolished and unfinished.

#1,025 ·
I've had the same thing recently. I was listening to my zuneHD as it was the last thing I had on, via the main menu when I decided to jump to entertainment. I hit the button, heard the pop sound and then - nothing happened. I hit climate and then entertainment and then it worked in a choppy transition where it should have done the fade effects.

As for the coverart, thats still my main peeve. Only 1 in maybe 50 or 100 songs have album art work. In 2.11 it was maybe 1 in 50 that DIDN'T work. All of my MP3's are made by myself with embedded art so they should ALL work.

I also agree. More stable, but very unpolished. Actually it's worse then unpolished. It's like it's a software Alpha build.

#1,024 ·
The conversation went something like this:

Blackraven - "Hey Neighbour!"

Neighbourlady - "Hey there, look at my shiny new car"

Blackraven - "Hey it's like mine."

Neighbourlady - "How do you like it so far?"

Blackraven - "I love the car, the only thing that sucks on it is the computer. It's full of bugs."

Neighbourlady - "What? You should take it in, mines perfect!"

Blackraven - "I have, everyone has them and there is nothing Ford can do until they hire better computer people"

Neighbourlady - "That can't be true. I bet you can't find any bugs in mine. Show me"

Blackraven then shows Neighbourlady numerous well known bugs in MFT.

Neighbourlady - "Awww, I thought it was supposed to be that way and I hadn't noticed any of the rest"

Blackraven and Neighbourlady "Thanks Ford!"

The end [grinking]

-----------------------

Give me a break. These are well known bugs that everyone has in 2.11. If you are happy buying bug filled garbage, especially now that Ford promised it was a thing of the past (which they LIED about) then that's great, but don't blame me for being super "negative". I'm simply telling the truth. Shooting the messenger doesn't help. Blame Ford for making a shoddy product. [screwy]

#1,029 · (Edited)
The MFT Performance Upgrade Packet

So I had the day off today and when I checked my mail, guess what was there... YAY I was so happy, because I have been without Navigation for a while, but it is FINALLY here. You can ask me questions and I will try my best to answer them.[ffrocks][thankyou]

Hope This helps.... and I hope some of you all get yours soon, I already upgraded from SMR the day I could, so I am happy to finally get my navi back.[loveff]

#1,032 ·
So I had the day off today and when I checked my mail, guess what was there... YAY I was so happy, because I have been without Navigation for a while, but it is FINALLY here. You can ask me questions and I will try my best to answer them.[ffrocks][thankyou]

Hope This helps.... and I hope some of you all get yours soon, I already upgraded from SMR the day I could, so I am happy to finally get my navi back.[loveff]
Excellent post, thanks for that ...I see the new map is ''A3'' my current map is ''A1'' so thats nice to know.Please post again once you had some time to play with the new map etc.

#1,036 ·
Them's that have been dealing with the crap that is MFT the longest should have received the updates "first" no question about it. I ordered my car in late April 2011 and took possession of it on June 23, 2011. MFT/Navi have NOT worked right since. I'll be pretty pissed if someone who just got their car receives the update before I do. I'm not saying, I'm just SAYING![bash]

#1,040 ·
Just got mine today in Buffalo, NY. I don't have nav, so just the USB stick. FWIW, I verified the file checksums on the stick to the ones that were posted early this month. They matched exactly. For all those who say the problems with the new update were because of "pirated" software. LOL.

#1,041 ·
Got my update package today as well. It surprised me since I picked my car up last month. Thought for sure it would take longer than it did.
I'm still going to wait on upgrading. Haven't had anything happen for awhile now.
I'm just not a fan of the new layout and the loss of a clean empty screen like:

Sorry for the blurry pic, I took it this morning while driving

#1,046 ·
Got my upgrade package Saturday. Already downloaded and installed but got the new Nav card. Ran out and put it in but didn't really get to see much since I only ran a couple of minor errands over the weekend. Thought I would give it a better test after work. Only one test so hardly conclusive but my observations:

Decided to set my home address from the work parking lot. Unlike a lot of others, I have never had problems using voice on my old Nav but whenever I tried to give the old one my home address, it always gave me two option lines to choose from, one correct and the other not so much. This time it simply loaded my home address correctly first try, I did not have to choose.

I also chose to set it to my house not only because I was going there but because I knew I was going to stop for gas, which takes me slightly out of my way and off of my usual route (hey, I live in a region of zone pricing so country gas is a lot cheaper than it is by my home). After the route was set (which seemed a little faster but not much faster than the old system used to take) I continued, passing my usual first turn. Route recalculation was damn near instantaneous. Didn't even see a "Recalculating route" screen as I used to before. Passed three more options in which it wanted me to hang a left and again, it instantly recalculated when I passed these options, no hang whatsoever in doing so.

Once I got back on track for the expressway portion of the drive home I switched to split screen view. The new "more realistic" or "photorealistic" (or whatever Ford was calling them) on and off ramps, expressway splits and so on were very good but don't know that I would say great. For example, at one point on my drive the expressway splits with two lanes going off to the right and two staying on the left. The screen image only depicted one lane to the right (and it has been like this for the last 20 years so it is not some new construction or anything). I happend to be staying to the left so maybe if my route was taking me to the right it would have showed both of those and only one on the left. Maybe it was only to fit the depiction on the screen. Don't know, I'll have to try it and see.

I used 3-D mode for the trip. Didn't notice and lag or anything. Hardly put it through the paces but just a quick test. Route recalculation was what impressed me most. Definitely going to have to give it a little more rigorous workout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.