Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#7 ·
Just gave my salesman a call. I told him I didn't expect a Vin yet but I would like him to give me a call as soon as they get one in. He said no problem. I'll take pics when and if this happends.

#8 ·
Ordered the first day pre-orders were being taken in Nov, no VIN yet however I'm told its currently under construction and I should expect delivery around the end of March. I have no idea how much of that is true as my salesman is terrible lol.

#9 ·
warneej, Thanks for the input. Your dealer sounds a little flaky and I would think if it's in scheduled production they would have a vin. But I don't work there. Can only speak from ordering many Fords in the past for over 30 years.

#12 ·
Good News, no I didn't get a vin yet but my salesman just called and invited me to the dealership on Mar.8 to see a new one in person and also set in on their training program by Factory Reps. for the sales staff. Looking forward to that!![cheers]

#15 ·
My wife and I attended the dealer training meeting this morning. It was very interesting and informative. Best of all we got to see and set in a new 2012 Focus 5 door Hatch Titanium. Got a few pics and will post.

It was interesting to hear some of the info and thinking from Ford from the inside and training point of view. They are moving the Focus upscale a bit as not to compete with the Fiesta.

Any questions? I'll try to answer.

#23 ·
Did the Titanium Hatch have the parking package? Early on, there was a notice that it would be "late availability," but my dealer checked after I ordered (early November) and said nothing came up to indicate the car would be delayed.

Haven't got a build date.

#17 ·
Here is the way Ford is looking at the percentages of how the model line will be split up.

S Sedan 7%
Se Sedan (32) & Hatch (25%)
Sel Sedan (10%) & Hatch (8%)
Titanium Sedan (10%) & Hatch (8%)

I also received a booklet used for the sales persons reference with options listed for each model.

#18 ·
Here is an interesting fact. The engine cover pictured only comes on the Titanium models but can be bought from your dealers parts dept.

Sorry can't seem to post a pic on the site.

#19 ·
So I've got a question for you dealer-types. I pre-ordered my Focus on Jan 31. Still no VIN as of this point. I now want to change the interior and wheels - both upgrades, so the dealership will be making some extra cash. My sales rep is on vacation through tomorrow, so I have not talked to him yet. My question is if it is too late to make any changes?

Thanks!

#20 ·
Only advice I can give is talk to the dealer and or your salesman. They can check right away if your Vin has been issued yet. If it hasn't I would think you could make changes but that may set your order back a little, don't know and just guessing at this. They checked for my Vin yesterday while I was there and said it hadn't been issued yet but said it should be pretty soon. I placed my order on Feb. 9.

#21 ·
Cool, thanks. I'm not worried about the order being delayed. I'd rather have the car I want and wait a little longer, ya know?

When Ford re-did the pre-order for the Focus, that's when you could get a better idea of how things looked. That's what is prompting the changes.

#22 ·
Another thing I found out yesterday is this. We have two different Ford/Lincoln dealers in the Avon Park and Sebring Fla. area and I am the only person in this area that has pre-ordered a Focus.

#24 ·
This one didn't have it but there was another in the area at a different dealer that did. I also ordered that and no mention of any hold on this package. I also ordered full leather and this one didn't have that either but it did have the moon roof that I ordered too. I ordered everything except the GPS and winter package. It also had the 8" screen in the dash.

#26 ·
I didn't have much choice except black leather with the Blue Candy. I would like to have seen, what was called on the 2002 Thunderbird I have, a full interior. That would have been seats, dash and panels color coded with the exterior color. But that's comparing a $27/28k car to a $40k car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.