Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#3,283 ·
I believe the build date is the date they begin to build your car. It takes a day or two after that for them to complete it (someone correct me if that's wrong). Then you need to factor in anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks for transport. Especially if it goes by rail and then freight. Additionally, it can take 24 hours or so from the time they finish the car until it leaves the plant.

#3,285 ·
Well, my dealer told me the scheduled build date is 7 November (same day they gave me the VIN) and going into Etis to check it out the build date is given as "30.11.0002" ...that doesn't seem right.

#3,289 ·
#3,296 ·
My Focus is at the dealership.[clap]
Ordered August 19
VIN Sept 20
Window sticker Sept 30
Build Oct 6
Estimated ETA Oct 19
Delivered to dealership Oct 22
Now we just have to wait for dealer prep and installation of remote start & mudflaps. The dealer installed items showed up a week before the car.

#3,300 ·
Well found out the dealer didnt order the car until 9/27 they were waiting for allocation. I got my vin today and my ti's birthday is 11/14!! Four days after mine :)my husband works at the dealer and found out this morning. So ordered 9/27 vin 10/25 birthday 11/14

#3,302 ·
Anybody else notice that the look of the window stickers have changed over the last few days? Also, I cannot find the build date on the new stickers.

#3,315 ·
Has anybody heard anything about the dash shortage?

#3,324 ·
Ordered aug 3..build oct 7..eta oct 16th..still hasn't even left the factory..bout to tell ford to shove that car up their you know what..13 weeks and hasn't even left the factory? Bit rediculous to say the least

#3,326 ·
I agree on the shipping delay being ridiculous. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to shipping. Mine was built 10/13 and ETA was week of 10/31 (now week of 10/28 - who starts weeks on Friday?), but no indication it's been loaded on a railcar yet. A Focus built 10/5 for my dealer's lot inventory was delivered the week of 10/17.

For the $795 destination charge, I could fly to Michigan and drive the car home in one day, if only that were an option!

2012 Sonic Blue SEL 5-door, 300A, Winter Pkg, Polished Alloy Wheels

#3,327 ·
For those with a build date but no window sticker, can you guys possibly go to the Ford Etis website below and look up your car, then tell me what the build date states for you? All you need is the VIN that the dealer gave you.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

My build date as given to me by my dealer is 11/7/2011. I have no window sticker. Etis shows my build date as "30.11.0002" and I'm just hoping that doesn't mean my car will actually be built on 11/30 instead. Someone here mentioned that the Etis build date (pre-window sticker) is a placeholder but I just want to make sure.

#3,328 ·
For those with a build date but no window sticker, can you guys possibly go to the Ford Etis website below and look up your car, then tell me what the build date states for you? All you need is the VIN that the dealer gave you.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

My build date as given to me by my dealer is 11/7/2011. I have no window sticker. Etis shows my build date as "30.11.0002" and I'm just hoping that doesn't mean my car will actually be built on 11/30 instead. Someone here mentioned that the Etis build date (pre-window sticker) is a placeholder but I just want to make sure.
My dealer gave me the same build date for my Focus. I think that is just a basic date given to a batch of orders. My actual build date on ETIS is still the generic placeholder "30.11.0002" as you see for you. No window sticker. I'm guessing by late this week...we should at least get an official build date and/or window sticker.

#3,331 · (Edited)
I ordered my car on Oct-15. The dealer said it would take about 6 weeks to deliver. I don't know when the VIN came in, because my dealer did not call me as he claimed he would, but the VIN was available when I bugged him two weeks later. The ETIS site has the same 0002 placeholder date others are seeing. The dealer gave me an ETA of Nov-21. Getting excited!

UPDATE:
Window sticker from Research Maniacs has a build date of Nov-7. I'll see if ETIS updates tomorrow.

UPDATE Nov-9:
ETIS now lists my build date as 07.11.2011. It doesn't list any other information, though, so I don't think it's yet built.

UPDATE Nov-11:
ETIS is now providing more information about my vehicle. Not enough to feel sure that it's describing MY vehicle though (MFT, Nav pkg, hrmm). But hey, this looks promising.

UPDATE Nov-13:
The dealer (Wade Ford, Atlanta) left me a voice mail indicating the car is built and on its way. The salesman also sent me an email. The email states a new ETA of Nov-19 (this Saturday), but the voicemail was a little less confident, also throwing out the 21st as a possible arrival.

UPDATE Nov-19:
Car picked up! The car was actually ready the evening of the 18th but I wanted to view it in the daylight. Very happy to have the car. 6 miles on odometer. Not everything went smoothly and there were a couple annoyances, but as new car purchasing goes, this was a decent experience. I almost walked out without remembering I ordered the cargo package; which the salesman said arrived before the car in the parts dept and would ship it to me. The sales manager said it would be ready Monday for "me to pick up." Similarly, the salesman said the plates would be shipped to me, and the credit manager said I'd be notified when they were ready for pick up. Oh how fun. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.