Focus Fanatics Forum banner

02fordsvt Build/Mod/Random Thread

261K views 2K replies 86 participants last post by  02fordsvt 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally decided to make myself a thread I can call my own. I'm not expecting to do any major builds in the near future, but since I'm always doing little changes to my car, I figured I might as well put them all in one place and stop cluttering up the rest of the forum.

A bit about me and the car. I bought my 2002 Ford Focus Svt in June, 2010 and had no real hands on knowledge about working on or modding a car except some basics I learned from my dad and from reading auto magazines. Over the past few months I have done a lot of work on this car and have really learned how to do many things. In other words, it doesn't matter how much knowledge you have, you can do anything that I have done. Furthermore, I will be the first one to admit that I have not done many things in the best or most efficient way possible. I am just learning and having fun.

Thread Rules (Or lack thereof)

Feel free to post any kind of comments or questions. If anyone would like to know how to do anything, let me know and I can give you some of the resources I used. Becuase of the way I have this thread organized, it doesn't matter how cluttered the rest of the thread gets. Post anything you feel like from suggestions, questions, and random comments. I won't feel bad if anything gets a little of topic. [thumb]

Table of Contents

First post:

Current Status Section
  1. Current Performance Modifications
  2. Current Interior Modifications
  3. Current Exterior Modifications
  4. Current Exterior Pictures
  5. Current Interior Pictures
Second post:

Modification Time Line

Reference Material

See less See more
#1,423 ·
Bought this today. Now, all I have to do is stick stuff under the mesh and not have to strap it down in any other way (depending on the item obviously). I'm painting the red tie downs black right now.

#1,424 ·
I really like that mesh thing, looks like it will come in handy. I also like your license plate placement! Btw, all Borlas stick out that much on an SVT bumper. Me and a local guy met up yesterday, we both have that combo and it's exactly like yours lol

#1,425 ·
My exhaust was for a wagon so it actually stuck out about a foot before we cut it down. I really wish it was in farther still, though. Love the sound, however; especially the crackle as when you shift or let the car cost.

#1,429 ·
I bought it from Walmart for about $14 dollars. The straps for in the camping section and the net was in the automotive section. It for on of those trays you can but on the hitch of a truck or SUV.

Looks great, love the front bumper and cargo net. BTW, why you hating on your headlights? You need to give them a good polish and then protect them with some clear LaminX, problem solved. Or is it something else?
I don't remember hating on my headlights, I really like them and the extra led's I've added and the light output is good. And yes, they do need a good polish again, I've just been putting other thing before it.

I will say, though, that Machs are my second favorite headlights; black ST170's are my top choice mainly because they tend to flow better with the rest of the car IMO. The lack of projectors are the only limiters on why I haven't gotten a set yet.

#1,438 ·
Was nice meeting you Bryan, I look forward to seeing someone else's version of what I have done!

#1,443 ·
They should roughly extend the fender line by about an inch or so iirc. You can get spacers for the rear that mount between the spindle and the trailing arm in a 10mm or 20 mm thickness. That way there is no extra leverage/strain put on the wheel bearing and spindle. Its what they use in Europe. For the fronts you have no choice but to use spacers or get wheels with a major offset or a combination of the 2.

#1,444 ·
RS fenders/quarters are closer to 1.5" wider. Blue5 is right though that you can get spacers that move the whole rear spindles out, but for the front you'd need major spacers. It's easier to just get into something else wheel-wise. Mustang 17x8 or 17x9 wheels fit like a glove and are pretty cheap to get replica wheels.....right around the same price as new EAP's at about $120-140/wheel.

#1,446 ·
Great info. I really wish I could go the spacer route but I put too many hard miles on this car and don't like playing with bearings. Especially the fronts if they go out.

I do like the idea of the Mustang wheels, I just haven't seen any factory ones that I like. Aftermarket should have some nice options though.

#1,448 ·
I'm a fan of the SC reps....fat five-spoke pattern with nice lips. ALMOST went with them before doing the 18x8 TeamDynamics but I chose the TD's because I couldn't get 18's in mustang reps in 4x108

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.