Focus Fanatics Forum banner

if bolt on mods are so easy...

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  viney266 
#1 ·
if bolt on mods are so easy, then why doesn't ford put these on from the factory. i mean putting on a tb, intake, and udp wouldn't be that difficult or that expensive. so why doesnt ford put them on for us? thanks.

#3 ·
I think it is because they know there is a marketplace for these things, and normal people just want a comfortable ride with good A/C and Heat (UDP would limit this I think). All this stuff is made in order for people like us to spend money to have a better and faster version. It's business.....Well played out, smart business. It's like this with alot of thinks.....computers for example.

#4 ·
they are trying too make it cheap, so people will buy it, its an econo -car... talk to fr send them e-mails over and over again...start a petition!!

#5 ·
are you serious?

When you say bolt ons don't cost that much...lets say ford sells 500,000 foci per year...removing a dollar from a focus will save the company $500,000...Do you think they're gonna add parts that could cost the company $10 million/year...This is an economy car, built to be inexpensive and efficient...so every dollar counts...so you can't say "doesn't cost that much"

An underdrive pulley does not properly power the car's accesories...people would be pissed if their power steering sucked when they are rolling around a parking lot, and they would be even more pissed when Ford says "oh we did that so you could have 2-3 more hp"...

I want to make my focus faster just like you, but the majority of people who buy these cars buy them to get from point a to point b...Buy a mustang if you expect to get more performance oriented oem parts...

#6 ·
yep like illini says. they have to be concerned with the life of the car. but another thing you said about saving dollars here and there makes big money saved or lost. i would MUCH rather them take those stupid battery covers, armrests, or any other unnecessary parts and gimme something good. a 65 mm throttle body could maybe cost a buck more to make as opposed to the stock one. FINE take the dollar of plastic from the damn battery cover. haha .. oh well too bad its not like that.

#7 ·
But if they did, than everyone would have the same car.. where is the fun in that? Do you really want the grandparents down the road runnin the same engine as you? I just wish you could "return" parts back to ford and get your money back.. "i don't really need your manifold anymore, can i get credit please?" [idea]

#11 ·
cars generally don't get but 1hp from a cat-back. To get performance from exhaust u need a full exhaust header and back open up the tubes!!

#13 ·
I think painting naked breasted women on my hood would be easy , Why didn't ford do that for me, Jis and focal will agree with me I'm sure!?!....Seriously money is the main reason, but there are many others ( EPA and every other stupid safety group). But think about it, I once read that if Exxon raises gas by 1 cent to the distributors, that it is worth $800,000 to 1.1 million dollars a day to them, all from 1 penny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.