Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Supercharged SVTF Quarter Mile Times

5K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  COSVT03 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I was just wondering if anybody has a supercharger on their SVTF (Vortech or Jackson) and what they run in the quarter mile. I wanna be able to ride with STi's and Evo's and thats pretty much the only way an SVTF will do it....unless you wanna spend about $7k on Tom's kit. No thanks.

#2 ·
Hate to break it to ya but even with a Vortech youll end up having to spend more than what toms kit cost to be able to hang with STI's and EVO's. With the vortech kit there is a slim chance that youll run with a stock EVO from a roll. And with either from a stop your dead. Its hard to match either of these cars without going turbo. And with the SVT's high compression youll need a new set of pistons if you wanna be making the kind of power to be right up there with an EVO or STI.

#3 ·
I could see it. A vortech with a pulley and some bolt-ons could be Lancer territory. Focus CFM says the Vortech is good for 276 hp and 204 ft/lbs.
Evolution weighs some 3,250 pounds. 11.75 lbs/hp & 11.75 pounds per ft/lb of torque
Focus 2,770 pounds.______________10.04 lbs/hp & 13.59 lbs/ft/lb or torque
The Lancer will always take the Focus off the line but I think the Vortech could be the answer. Oh yeah, you'll need a lot more power than this in the quarter to hang with those badass cars because AWD oWn3s FWD in stoplight racing.

#7 ·
I saw a stock srt-4 run side by side with a evo from a roll, just when they ran from a stop the evo whooped him. With a vortech and some slicks you should be able to take out a evo pretty easily. More hp, less weight, and cut like a 1.9 60' time.

#12 ·
I honestly don't think its worth modding an SVT your better of going out buying an STI or Evo and getting awd and better handling

#14 ·
Seb656 said:
I honestly don't think its worth modding an SVT your better of going out buying an STI or Evo and getting awd and better handling
\

Nah, for the price of those cars you can have a SVT that would smoke them in every way except launch, and AWD is way over rated, I know from experience.

#15 ·
Bah Take my SVT in real bad rain then take an AWD WRX in the same rain and tell me that from all i have known of the difference between a WRX and an SVT I say the SVT is fun and its great but the WRX kicks ass and is easily modifiable I honestly think when it comes down to it its way way to expensive to mod an SVT to do anything really amazing it would be cheaper to mod a different car

#16 ·
My GSX is faster than stock EVOs and STIs and I can't imagine the coin I'd have to drop to get my SVTF to pull the same.

But a $15k car with $15 in mods would be a lot of fun to build versus buying a $30K car....

#17 ·
tjm73 said:
Speaking of pistons...............who makes them for the Focus?
-Wiseco Shelf-Stock (non-custom) Forged Aluminum Pistons
(Found this on cyberspace automotive's website) so you'll need to call to confirm but they list them for the Focus if you wanted to upgrade them for FI. Another given to throw into this is the need for an LSD (quaife).

-Later

#18 ·
shadrach said:
My GSX is faster than stock EVOs and STIs and I can't imagine the coin I'd have to drop to get my SVTF to pull the same.

But a $15k car with $15 in mods would be a lot of fun to build versus buying a $30K car....
Your GSX is faster then a Stock one there in lies the problem if there that fast stock they can be pushed to be alot faster then your GSX

#22 ·
A Laser is like a GST not a GSX.

I have two friend, one with an STi and the other one with an EVO8, both stock. The EVO does 13.72 at the 1/4 mile while the STI does 13.69. I have another friend with and WRX and over $20K in mod's, see here ( www.TAVRacing.net ) and runs the 1/4 mile in 12.9 sec. Also I saw this other guy at the race track the other day runing an SVTF with the Vortex and a 50 shot N20 runing 13.19,13.23,13.15 all night long, while I had a best time of 14.89 with no FI.

If im not mistaken JE Pistons and Esslinger has the pistons for our cars.

Hope this help's.

#26 ·
Another debate about SVTF vs. other cars.

Toms kit on an SVTF has run high 12's.

Around here SVTF's are $ 15-16k, thats half the price of an EVO or STi and $ 10k less than a WRX.

Compare apples to apples.

MTE, your trying to say your 02 SVTF runs a 14.89 with a CAI, ORP and cat back, how about a slip or 2 and maybe a video or some reliable folks who saw you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.