Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What color?

Pre-ordering my 2012, need input on EXTERIOR COLOR!

15K views 83 replies 56 participants last post by  avengerc4 
#1 ·
Just got back from the dealer with my Order Confirmation and am all set to pre-order my new 2012 Titanium 5-door!

Just not certain on the color yet.

My personal favorites are Kona Blue and Ingot Silver but I'd like to hear the community's input!

As of now I have the first one in Florida pre-ordered!

Check out these photos from the website and vote above. If you want to look through on your own and play with the 360-degree swivel, here is the link. http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/focus/2012/gallery/colors-and-360-views/

These colors are no-cost options:
Kona Blue:

Ingot Silver:

Tuxedo Black:

Sterling Grey:

These colors have Ford's new "tinted clear" and cost $300-480 extra:
Yellow Blaze:

White Platinum Tri-coat:

Red Candy:

Candy Blue:

Let me know what you all think, I currently have a Black ZX3 and a Yellow SVT so I was shying away from both of those colors.

Another option which I'd like input on is the $1100 Parking Tech package. Right now I have it included however I'm on the fence about it. As a techy person it makes me salivate but as the person also paying the bill I'm not so sure. Basically it includes a rear view camera and AutoPark (parallel parks itself). Its supposed to be way better than any other car's and being available on a C-segment is just baller. I have very few opportunities to parallel and I'm good at doing to manually however the cool-factor just keeps me wanting it. I also like the rear camera that is included. Input is appreciated as it will only cost me $20 extra a month to have it.

Thanks!
Evan

See less See more
#9 ·
I have a feeling that we are going to see a lot more automatics on this site in the near future
Its faster, has more gears, and get better mileage...I've come to terms with it...

If it was a proper 6-speed manual and was available on premium trims I'd have it.

#17 ·
I like red ... Congrats on pre-ordering ... when are they expected to be available? Or should I say, when should YOU expect yours to come in?

-Ray-

#18 ·
Definitely Kona Blue. That pic of it from Ford's site is so off from how dark it really is. My mom has a 2010 Mustang in KB and it looks amazing.

Pics for reference (first in the showroom, second with natural lighting):

Mike

#23 ·
HAHA well this one is designed to be the more civilized car while the ZX3 continues on its path to all out race car. The MOST I'll do is "stance" it a little...but probably just a drop-in filter and window tint...

#24 ·
kona blue FTW! i can tell you if they offered a dark blue in 07 id have bought it!

shame about the manual situation, wheres our 6 speed manual?

#29 ·
IMO. even though I have not seen the car in person, it appears the 2012 Focus looks better in light colors. Kona Blue is the best choice. As far the outragesously priced parking package, Ford would love you to buy this high end, expensive option, because they make more money and it drives up the average transaction price of their compact cars. But as you said, you don't parallel park much (neither do I) so who needs it? But, that being said, a loaded Focus has a better resale value down the road. If you can get them to throw it in for free, or at least get a 25% discount on that option, go ahead and get it. I assume you have to order and agree to list price on a pre-order?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.