Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROTM/ROTY FAQ's

11K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  Chick 
#1 · (Edited)
Here, I will post and try to answer the most commonly asked questions that we have during ROTM. If you have anymore, feel free to send me a PM[;)]

What is ROTM?

ROTM (Ride of the Month) is a monthly contest we have here at Focus Fanatics each month. The members of FF get to nominate and vote who they would like to be the top Focus on our site for that month. We started this because there are so many Foci and Foci owners out there have have spent so much time and money that they deserved to be reconized on our site.

Do I have to be a active member to become ROTM?

Yes. We don't want a member that never logs on to represent our site. In order to be nominated for ROTM or ROTY please be aware that you must be a active member (meaning logging on and posting quite a few times a week) and try to be an outstanding member in our community. That's one of the top reasons on how you yourself can become our ROTM/ROTY. No members that have been banned from our site can be nominated.

Do I still have to own my Focus to be part of ROTM?

Unless otherwise stated you must still own your Focus.

Do I have to be the actual owner of the car in order to be part of ROTM?

Yes, unless stated, you have to be the owner of the car. It cannot be someone elses (IE, friend, spouse).

If I own more than one car that meets the criteria, can I nominate them them all?

Unless stated, you can only have 1 car per member nominated. If you post up all of your cars & don't choose which one you want to use then the moderator staff will choose one if you happen to make into the final voting thread & you cannot change it since you didn't tell us which one you wanted to use.

When does the nominating begin & end?

ROTM nominating begins a few days after the end of the voting portion then ends a few days before the end of the month.

How many posts do I have to have to be nominated?

You have to have at least 500 posts to be nominated.

Do I have to have any certain number of posts to nominate members?

No.

Is there a limit to how many people we can nominate?

No. You can nominate as many people as you like. But whoever you nominate, please tell us why you did so maybe that person can receive more nominations. You can now nominate yourself but please put your pictures in the 'Submit' thread unless you are nominated.

What happens if I am in the Top 5 and I don't want to be included in the voting for that month?

All you have to do is tell me BEFORE the voting begins on the 2ND of the month that you don't want to be in that month's poll.

How are the final nominee's choosen?

The top 5 FF members with the most nominations are voted upon in the poll for that month. I go through the thread and count how many times they were nominated. Also, I look to make sure that they have enough posts and have images of their car.

If I am in the running and decide to remove myself from the voting poll, can I be removed?

Yes, but we would rather you tell us ahead of time so we can give other members a chance.

What happens if there is a tie when the nominations are over?

If there is a tie, whomever was nominated first will get included in the final poll.

Do you have to have any pictures of your car?

Yes. You must have images of your ride up on our Online Gallery, Cardomain.com or any other online gallery with at least 3 pictures. It is a must to have images on our online gallery or you won't be eligible for ROTM.

When does the voting begin & end?

*CHANGED* 10/17/2014 Voting has been reduced from 10 days to 5 days. It gives the winner more of a chance to 'REIGN' the whole month, instead of just less than half of it. Voting should begin around the 1st day of the month, then end on the 5th.

Do I have to update my profile if I am in ROTM?

It would be good if each of the 5 nominee's updated their profiles with their up-to-date modifications.

Do I have to have a certain amount of modifications to be in ROTM?

No. But you can't be stock unless stated otherwise.

If I vote for someone and then change my mind and want to vote for someone else, can I change my vote?

Yes. But only once during that months contest. You have to send me a PM with who you voted for and who you want it changed to.

What happens if there is a tie when the poll closes?

If there ever happens to be a tie, then it is up to the moderators to decide the winner.

What do I win if I become ROTM?

Your car will be put on our homepage as part of the "Featured Ride". It will include a link to your FF gallery. Also, you will be put into out ROTM Showcase that is a sticky in this forum.

If I lose, does it matter how many times I am in ROTM?

EDIT (11/17/10) No it does not matter unless you have already won. But you must own a Focus (unless stated) to be in the running.

If I win, can I enter my car for another month?

Yes, you can enter you car again a year after your last win. If you try to enter anytime before that year is up, it will not be allowed.

What is ROTY?

ROTY (Ride of the Year) is a yearly contest held in July of each year for all of the 12 winners of ROTM (AUG-JUL). The reason why we do this in July is because that is the month that the first ROTM was held. Yes, it's kind of odd but it works.

Do I have to be active to be in the running for ROTY?

Yes you do. We have had people win for ROTM & never post or hardly even post after they win. We do not want that for a ROTY winner. If we feel (the moderating staff) like you don't fit the ROTY description (a great, outstanding member that is helpful & feels like they represent this site well, posts or visits the site almost every day & not only in one section of the forum) then we have the right to remove you from the contest no ifs, ands or buts.

How does the voting work?

ROTY is split into 2 phases: 1st phase voting poll is up for 15 days & from there members of this site can vote for more than one member. After the 15 days are up the top 3 (or more if there is a tie) a phase 2 goes up for 5 days. After that poll is over & whoever has the most votes is our winner. If there is a tie, like ROTM, the moderators get to decide the winner.

*Voting rules*
-If we find out that you have cheated (IE: made multiple accounts) it will be deducted from your score.

-You must have 25 posts & your account be active for 30 days to be able to vote starting AUGUST '07.

-You can only vote for one member. During Ride of the Year you can vote for multiple members.

-I WILL NOT add a vote for you (& neither will the other moderators) if you don't have 25 posts & you account hasn't been active for 30 days.

-HAVE FUN!

NOTE: In the past we have had members that have a problem with who has been nominated, won, ect. You have to remember that this is supposed to be a FUN contest and it is very pointless to argue over. If you have a problem please keep the drama out of the thread and PM me or one of the other moderators. If the drama continues it could result in a temporary ban or permanent ban of your account. Please think before you type. THANKS.

Like stated above, if you have any more questions, feel free to PM me anytime.

[;)] [:I]

See less See more
Reactions: Arco-Zakus and S2
#2 ·
-Please refrain from posting off-topic remarks in the nominations threads. They clutter up the thread and will be deleted.

#3 ·
Effective starting for December 2012 ROTM-member needs 500 posts in order to be nominated. We want more active members to be in the running for ROTM.

#4 · (Edited)
NEW AS OF 5/6/2014: If a member does not respond by the date that I have sent them in a PM with the information/photos that we need, they will not be included in the Ride of the Month voting for that month.

Having information/photos in the ROTM nominations thread do count and there must be updated photos (within the month that you have been nominated) located on the forum in order to be in the running for nominations as well.

Thanks!

#5 ·
As of 7/24/14: You may now be allowed to be nominated if you have already won, as long as it has been a year since your last win. If you try to be nominated before that year is up, it will be not be counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.