Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Project Goldilox (07 SE Progress Thread)

29K views 248 replies 54 participants last post by  GreySkorpion 
#1 ·
Well I won't be attending FR or FF, and the largest show I will be going to is IR here in Houston, so I figured I would construct this thread. For warning, my car is fairly dirty and the engine bay WILL be cleaned soon, just sayin!

I got her in early 2010 after my Escape died a tragic, slow, agonizing death. Some time over that summer, I installed a K&N intake and JBL sub/amp. Don't have any images of those at first install, so they start around October.

October 2010, when I joined FF.com

Few weeks later, wheels and tires were aquired! 17" black KMCs wrapped in Yokohama 215/45s, and one Kumho (hey they were already on, so why not)

Got my tint in January-ish

Then I got myself some low! With the help of Adam (AKA zinger)

Then she got her nametag! Customer black and gold euro plate to go with the overall black and gold theme of the car :)

Then late February, taken in the same place as my first picture!

And here is a little bit of engine bay progress. In chronological order.

And today, one of the final pieces before Import Reactor later this month, my team sticker! :)

And that's that for the time being. I have more stickers in the works for added horsepower of course. Hope you guys like it!

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks man!

I like it.

You should get the replacement SVT mirrors from Rock Auto and paint match your chrome grill surround.
I have one mirror, but need to get my hands on another one. Still having difficulty deciding on the grill. I haven't decided if I want to paint it black or color match t he gold. But I intend to go over all of the black exterior accents with gloss black.

#10 ·
yeh color match FTW. I would suggest color matched mirror caps (with the svt mirrors of course) and color matched grille. the door handles are fine.

but overall, your car looks great so far Patrick [thumb]

#15 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys! I am still conflicted about color matching the mirror caps. But I am going to continue to sleep on it.

Good luck man! I really like the gold they have for the 09. Really jealous of that one. I definitely want to see it when you make some progress!

#24 ·
I am actually planning on getting one soon and painting it to match. And I am on the fence about painting the valve cover. But the degas cover is definitely happening.

#21 ·
It definitely looks good in person.

Nice thread build here Pat.

Glad to see you decided to show the rest of the FF community your ride.

-Ray-

#31 ·
Ray, I am intending to put them all in this general area

Except the gold monsters. One of them will be on my rear windshield. The other was an extra, so where I put it or if I use it is still kind of up in the air.

#34 ·
I wonder how that's going to look myself [thumb].

[ffrocks][loveff]

I'm just glad we have variety of colors for our cars. Or maybe I was just not happy being the only one on this side of the color spectrum [giddy]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.