Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Project Goldilox (07 SE Progress Thread)

29K views 248 replies 54 participants last post by  GreySkorpion 
#1 ·
Well I won't be attending FR or FF, and the largest show I will be going to is IR here in Houston, so I figured I would construct this thread. For warning, my car is fairly dirty and the engine bay WILL be cleaned soon, just sayin!

I got her in early 2010 after my Escape died a tragic, slow, agonizing death. Some time over that summer, I installed a K&N intake and JBL sub/amp. Don't have any images of those at first install, so they start around October.

October 2010, when I joined FF.com

Few weeks later, wheels and tires were aquired! 17" black KMCs wrapped in Yokohama 215/45s, and one Kumho (hey they were already on, so why not)

Got my tint in January-ish

Then I got myself some low! With the help of Adam (AKA zinger)

Then she got her nametag! Customer black and gold euro plate to go with the overall black and gold theme of the car :)

Then late February, taken in the same place as my first picture!

And here is a little bit of engine bay progress. In chronological order.

And today, one of the final pieces before Import Reactor later this month, my team sticker! :)

And that's that for the time being. I have more stickers in the works for added horsepower of course. Hope you guys like it!

See less See more
#199 ·
I just held the can in half way so that it spit. Mine looks more like speckles than splatter, which is how I wanted at the time. I could probably just spray the paint in my hand and throw it at whatever im painting to make it look better...I splatter painted my pony wheels I just bought but now im selling them. lol

#204 ·
Thanks!
Glad you did more splatter, the shifter looked out of place, but now that more is done - I like it! I have never seen anything painted like that, very cool.
Thanks man. I got the idea from some other people who have done splatter before, but not with two colors. And I thought the color combination would work well, and it did.
nice job on the splatter man!
Thank you! I'm getting better.

#209 ·
lol the more she rides in it the more she gets into the low life. the day i took this picture, i was taking her to a place i had never been before. she said "the entrance is kind of steep. you need to take it at an angle." my grandma already spittin out approach angle advice!

#211 ·
So a little Christmas Eve update on my latest little project. Got a good friend at a shop here in town and I asked if he could make me a custom engine cover. All I have are close-ups right now. I am still working on finding the right hardware to actually mount it correctly. But here you go!

What it looked like when I picked it up.

What it looked like the next day after a substantial amount of prep and paint and whatnot.

#216 ·
Do u have any body plans for it. Hood bumpers etc. my opinion is its to clean to do those mods just curious.

#217 ·
Not really. If I do anything it would be to swap to SAP front and rear bumpers. The only thing I don't like about SAP are the side markers. I'd have to shave them. But I am not so interested that I want to pay the amount of money it would cost to do them. I am pretty much done with the exterior so I have been working my way inside over the last few months.

#229 ·
Broooo I love that video. I just got a shmancy new camera too, and Ive been waiting to have the time to shoot a vid. I really like that song. How do you shoot unfocused like that and then put it in focus? I was wondering if that was an editing thing, or if that was something you could do on your camera. If so, teach me.

#231 ·
I used manual focus while shooting. So that was all real time. The only real editing that I did was syncing with the music. Didn't use any effects yet. But I want to get a different/better software. Because WMM is a PITA.

And if you dig the song, check out Handsome Boy Modeling School's stuff. Good junk.
Never fails to impress..love this car! Figure out the engine cover yet?
No sir. I picked up some hardware to try out, but none of it worked. If I could just buy the mounting hardware for the FSWerks cover, I would probably be set. But I don't think I can do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.