Focus Fanatics Forum banner

I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!!

444K views 1K replies 509 participants last post by  MaytheFocusBeWithYou 
#1 ·
OK here is the thread for all of us who LOVE our Focus!
I go into the garage and just gaze at it.
I love driving my Focus.
It gets spectacular gas mileage! And it is so cool the way i can watch how all the things that waste gas happen.
It looks so cool!
The seats are perfect fit.. So is the steering wheel.
My Focus drives great.
Gets better as time goes on driving it is more fun... I am one HAPPY gal driving my 2012 Ford Focus!!!

And no complainers ( [screwy] ) allowed!! [goofydrunk][drinking]

#1,023 ·
There are many things I like about my Focus after 2 years. There is the quiet ride and great handling. But when it comes to my wallet my favorite thing is the 6 speed DCT. I get incredible mileage on the freeway doing 75-80 mph with the AC on. The top gear really keeps the RPM's low and on a long trip I can go over 400 miles before needing gas. And the car looks great too!

#1,027 ·
I love my 2013 Tuxedo Black SE Hatchback. The DCT shutters on me at random times (more so when the car is really warm) but rides smooth as butter when cold... This is the total opposite of how my civic si was. Anyway, 21k and I love this car to death and hopefully Ford can find a way to make these things even better with newer parts and/or updates but in the mean time, i still love the car to death. I look for excuses to drive it haha 😊

Attachments

#1,030 ·
take yours to the dealer for the shudder, you sounded just like me. Mine is as smooth as butter all the time now!! Got my Tuxedo black in January and haven't stopped doing something to it every month. All that left is to lower, some Avant Garde wheels, and Zetec grills, and I'll be even more happier with it[wrenchin]

#1,028 ·
I am 'cleaning out' the stuff in my 2012 Se as I get ready to take delivery within a few weeks of my ordered 2014 Focus ST.

On the SE I took off the wheel locks, the aftermarket air filter and the ST intake velocity stack. Took a pile of junk out of the trunk.
I plan on getting different plates for this car in a few days, so I have newly numbered plates for the ST (I am transferring the old registration to save some on the yearly registration fee)
Still have not decided whether to ask them to leave off the front license plate gizmo? Front is required in Wisconsin, ('forward facing' is the law, not that it must be on front bumper) but on my SVT i had the front plate inside the windshield up where the passenger sunshade is, for 13 years and never any problem. The ST sure looks better without the ugly license plate in the middle of it. (when I get the new plate I can check how and if the plate will fiit into the passenger side upper windshield. As the glass on the ST is identical in shape etc as my current SE... I may need to clean off some of the black dotted stuff around the rear view mirror?)

The ST was built last week. So in a few more weeks it should be delivered.
I like my SE a lot. Only can hope the ST is as trouble free!

Tonight another little old lady was walking through the garage. In passing she mentioned to me that she was suprised a woman owned 'that sportscar'
Wait until she sees the front of the ST poking out of my space! [hihi] (I always park in my space with the car facing 'out' not in.) The neighbors are always nosy, and I wonder if i should make a placard mentioning "This one can go over 150 mph" LOL

#1,031 ·
... Wait until she sees the front of the ST poking out of my space! [hihi] (I always park in my space with the car facing 'out' not in.) The neighbors are always nosy, and I wonder if i should make a placard mentioning "This one can go over 150 mph" LOL
If I saw that I'd leave a note:

Yeah, but has it?
Since I first read that you'll be getting an ST I've been happy for you, but also wondering what changed? I thought I remembered you saying somewhere that one of the things you liked about your SE was that it made it less tempting than your prior Contour SVT did to drive too fast.

Having a car that could do 150 but not having an opportunity to let it would be frustrating to me. Heck, I'll probably never get a chance to see my SE do it's top speed, whatever that might be. Even getting from zero to the legal limit too quickly around here can get someone a week in traffic school. (At least, that's what a friend told me.) It would take more restraint than I have for me to not find out about that first hand with something like an ST.

I always park my car facing out, too. Works fine for fire trucks. Makes seeing the oil dipstick easier, too.

So far, except for the hard driver's seat lower cushion, the way the seat moves forward as it is raised (like all cars do these days), and the ergonomics of the fog light switch (which I rarely use), I love my new Focus. What would that be, about 99.5% woo hoo?

Even going easy with my right foot for the first 1,000 miles it feels faster than my old car, and might be hard to keep from driving too fast after I do its first oil change real soon. Too bad my dog hasn't warmed up to it yet. For some reason he looks totally stressed out most of the time he's in it. He's only at about 15% (woof woof) lovin' it for now.

#1,032 ·
I thought I remembered you saying somewhere that one of the things you liked about your SE was that it made it less tempting than your prior Contour SVT did to drive too fast.

Having a car that could do 150 but not having an opportunity to let it would be frustrating.
Time moves on!!
It is true stopping going fast too much was a desire i had.
Now, I want the fast car again. Though I do realize I am too old to be going 150mph anywhere.
That plus is is getting a LOT harder to go fast.. even 120mph.. Other drivers immediately are calling 911 on you (me).
So finding a place to go fast AND no one calling 911 on you (me) is getting to be a bigger problem all the time.

On the other hand having a fast car does not mean it has to be driven fast 'all the time'.. So I think I can live with knowing I 'could' go 150mph, but never really have a lot of chances to go that fast.
(Notice I did not say 'never go that fast'... LOL)

Even in the SVT on the freeway any empty stretch.. jumping from 60 to 120 and back down? easy, all i needed was a short space to 'stretch' the car legs a bit. [angel]

#1,038 ·
Got my 14 SE MT in June. I have about 14000 miles on it now. I have done the snorkel delete with K&N filter, K&N air box lid, ST intake stack, FRPP axle back, FSWorks RMM insert, and feed it nothing but 91 octane. I think I'm done for now. The car drives great and no longer displays any of the Focus low end oddities. I may go for a 180 stat and a "Tom" tune in the future but I'm happy for now.

#1,041 · (Edited)
I was at the dealer today and saw my old car.. 2012 SE.. over on the lot.
I should have gone over to say hello...
I didn't. But maybe i feel guilty enough to go back next week and do it.
(I think it was in the employee area. So maybe an employee already scooped it up?)

Nope. Another week later I got my snow tires put on the ST. My SE was in the used lineup, covered in snow and ice. (I could see her from the waiting room area) So when I left I went past her, stopped and touched her. I felt bad she was out in the cold open air, covered in snow and ice. All her life with me was in a nice warm heated garage space.
I feel somewhat sad i let her go. I liked my happy yellow car a lot.
I enjoy the ST, and it is way more fun, but I will remember the SE. Thanks you my bundle of sunshine.

I hope someone nice buys her and likes her as much as I did.

#1,044 · (Edited)
I have a 2014 Sport model DCT built October in Thailand.

The Sport model is only available as a hatch with the 2 litre motor in Australia.

Things that are really great about the car are:
* The larger 2 litre motor, sports suspension with 17 inch wheels and Michelin Primacy LC rubber so it really handles well and loves to be thrown round tight bendy roads.
* Side mirrors that automatically retract when you lock the car which is great for parking in tight spaces and on the side magnify a wide view so you can easily see if a car or motor bike is next to you.
* Press and hold the remote unlock button and all the windows go down to let out the heat. Press and hold the lock button and all the windows close. Great in the Aussie summer where the interior temp can easily top 120 F degrees in the sun.
* Sport seats which aren't leather so you don't burn your behind off when you sit down when the car has been in the hot sun.
* Great 9 speaker Sony sound system with no MFT with a great 80s boombox button layout so you can just press a button to select what you want instead of navigating through lots of touchscreen menus to listen to the radio station you want.
* Not having a 8 inch touch screen. In my last car which had a large touch screen, at night you could turn it off so it would not blind you when you are driving on dark roads, but then you could not see what to do in the dark. The smaller screen is heaps better for night driving on dark roads.
* Ambient and exit lighting. Ambient lighting is only available in red. I would have liked the disco colour light options like the US model.
* Keyless entry, start etc.
* Larger rear spoiler only available on the Sport model. Doesn't block the rear view and looks good.
* DCT - a bit quirky, but heaps of fun to punch manually through the gears in sports mode.
* Looks good, way better than the popular Japanese and Korean small cars

#1,045 ·
New owner

I test drove a 2013 hatch and was intending to get a Mazda 3
Then had trouble with salesman messing around.
Saw this black SE hatch for a great price and test drove it again,
So I bought it and I love it. THE Focus has always been a drivers car
And the new one is fantastic. It's Black

Attachments

#1,046 ·
I test drove a 2013 hatch and was intending to get a Mazda 3
Then had trouble with salesman messing around.
Saw this black SE hatch for a great price and test drove it again,
So I bought it and I love it. THE Focus has always been a drivers car
And the new one is fantastic. It's Black
great choice! ;)

#1,049 ·
Just penciled in my 3rd HPDE session with my '12. Still love the car, and don't miss the BMW I traded in one bit. Cept maybe the other two cylinders. I've spent 4 days on the track with my mostly stock SE and it's a whole lot of fun. It's under braked, though even with autocross pads and high temp brake fluid. I'm definitely the slowest CAR on the track, but not the slowest driver in the novice group.

This is a fun drivers car, folks. Enjoy it - it's a very capable little car that wil deliver lots of smiles when you drive it.

#1,050 ·
I often think back to when I was in the market for a new car. Almost pulled the trigger on a 2012 Mazda 3 but the dealer wouldn't go down $1,000 on the car. So happy the mazda guys were stubborn because I've loved every minute spent with my focus. I'm grateful for the wonderful community I found through my focus and the great friends I've met from sharing the same passions. I still find myself looking back at her everytime I walk away, and constantly looking for other focus owners out there who seem like enthusiasts. The only problem is I love it too much and cannot stop buying parts for it!

#1,052 ·
Build quality on interior pieces was the biggest thing I noticed. Mazda was all cheap feeling plastic focus was soft touch textured materials. Plus I liked the layout and front facia much better. Its what really sold me.

#1,053 ·
^^^^ This. I looked at the 2015 Corolla, because my first 2 Toyota's were bullet proof, but extremely boring. The interior plastics felt really cheap. Also the drivers seat was not very comfortable at all. Not a bad looking car, but they basically dressed up a really old chassis that has not been updated in forever, and it was SLLLLOOOWWWW.

I replaced my TDI with the Focus. At first I missed all the low-end punch of the diesel motor, however now that I've broken in my Focus, I feel it's just as fast if not faster than the turbo diesel. The other bonus is that it's only costing me $20 per fill up, versus the $35+ per tank. [grinking] Still loving my car.

#1,057 ·
Absolutely love my Focus 5dr, I've driven FWD 4bangers my whole life and the focus has been by far the most fun little 5 door for the price without a doubt. The golf and the wrx are great cars but the VW is way more expensive and the scoob is heavier, less fuel efficient, and more expensive as well.

Also, does anyone know if I can sell a kidney or testicle for the new RS? Seriously though. Its a gonna be a great year with the new RS and GT they just announced.

#1,058 ·
Also, does anyone know if I can sell a kidney or testicle for the new RS? Seriously though. Its a gonna be a great year with the new RS and GT they just announced.
Oh, I don't know, the black market's pretty tough these days. You could get by with just one of each for the RS... but the GT? Might need to sell two of both ;)

#1,060 · (Edited)
If it was legal to in America I would without hesitation. Maybe Ill trade in my modded out 2012 SE. I seriously cant enough of that new RS..not too excited to see the price tag on it though.