Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Is this normal? Got check engine light.

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  rsrx 
#1 ·
Well, i've had my 180 degree thermostat installed for a few days now, and yesterday my check engine light came on. I hooked my xcal2 up to see what the deal was, and I got this. "P0125 INSUFF ECT For CLSD LP"
I looked it up on this site, and P0125 stands for insufficient coolant temperature. Is this normal? I think it might be, because it pretty much describes what the 180 degree thermostat does. My car is driving fine. The temperature guage does take a bit longer to get up to the middle, and when it is warmed up its a bit shy of the middle mark. I am pretty sure this is normal, but I just wanted to check with you guys and make sure. Thanks.

#2 ·
this is a common code in the cooler months when the thermo is stuck open. how cold is it in your area? your needle should go to the middle after no more than 15 minutes. i have a 180, and i have none of the symptoms you do. at what temp does Tom have your fans turning on?

#3 ·
The temperature did drop here lately. Its around 65 now. Also, it doesnt take 15 minutes to get to the middle, its more like 5. And when I say the gauge is shy of the middle.....it very slight. Tom hasn't sent me the tune for the 180 therm yet. How does a thermostat get stuck open?

#5 ·
Possible.....I agree.
"Fail safe thingy".......I have no idea what you are trying to ask here.
You need to explain a bit more.

Also, I just got done driving my car, and it warmed up pretty quick, and I payed attention to where the gauge was at once it was warm. It looked to be right in the middle. I turned the check engine light off with my xcal2 before driving........maybe this was something that just needed to fix itself?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.