Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Differences between a 2012 and a 2013 focus.

21K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  RRogers 
#1 ·
I Drove a SE Sedan 2013 loaner today it has pretty much same mileage as mine 2012 around 1500kms.
Higher idle speed, my 2012 is always around 625rpms, the 2013 was always a bit over 750rpms, I believe they did that to reduce idle vibration.
SE looks cheap without the fog lights.
Larger letters in the fuel and cooler temp. gauges, the tach doesn't have the smaller lines every 250 rpms, only every 500rpms.
Tranny felt exactly the same after almost an hour of heavy traffic the clutch coupling noise (famous gridding noise) started to get louder and some shuddering started to happen I was surprise that it was more noticeable in the 2013, my 2012 does the same thing but not so noticeable.
I notice some flimsy foam inside the front fender that I didn't noticed on mine, I'm not sure if that is a 2013 add on or I just didn't notice on mine

#2 ·
Target idle speed has always been 680 rpm at idle without the a/c on not 625 rpm for the 2012 MY.

If they added more insulation to the wheel arch/ front fender liner instead of the plastic fender shield as used in 2012 that might be an attempt to quiet/ quell suspension noise from entering the cabin.

#5 ·
I drove a SE flex fuel 2013 loaner for 2 days also. Things I have noticed that I like about the 2013:
Overall ride is quieter, less road noises gets into the cabin. Smoother ride/operation in general.
The 2 little rubber lips they added to the cup holders. These are pants savers, really, and were able to hold that big bucket of cofee I bring along every morning.
Adjustable head rest. I was able to acheive a comfortable driving position with the loaner. I want those. Great stuff!!

#12 ·
Tested again in the same hill as my will roll back right away after a few seconds, the 2013 released the brakes after a few seconds but kept holding for a few more seconds on the clutch before rolling back.
It does seams a bit softer and seams like it has better soundproofing.

#13 ·
Hi gang,

Always consult with your dealer when it comes to the vehicle specifics, but generally speaking, here are some of the changes in the 2013 model:

• 12V powerpoint (rear) standard on SE
• Cruise control standard on SE
• Front and rear floor mats on Titanium
• Heated exterior mirrors on Titanium
• Rear view camera standard on Titanium
• Remote Start standard on Titanium
• Reverse Sensing System optional on SE, standard on Titanium
• SE Appearance Package includes:
– Rear disc brakes
– SelectShift capability added to PowerShift when equipped with automatic transmission
– Perimeter alarm
– SiriusXM Satellite Radio
– Overhead storage console
– 60/40 split-fold-down rear seat back (sedan)
– Rear center armrest
– 17" Silver painted aluminum wheels
– Fog lamps with chrome bezel
– Rear spoiler (sedan)
– Ambient lighting
– Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
– Leather-trimmed seats with 6-way power driver seat
• Side marker lamps standard on SE
• Single-CD/MP3 with 110-watts and 6 speakers standard on SE
• SYNC now standard on SE
• New colors:
– Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
– Performance Blue Metallic

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Crystal

#21 ·
Hi gang,

Always consult with your dealer when it comes to the vehicle specifics, but generally speaking, here are some of the changes in the 2013 model:

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Crystal
The SEL has been discontinued.

#19 ·
Well www.etis.ford.com and look up the vehicle information.

The SE sport was suposed to have the touring suspension dampers the same as the base titanium where as the s/se/sel were supposed to have the standard suspension tuning. The Ti handling package had a different set of dampers and may or may not have had different springs.

#25 ·
?? Really?
Mine is a 2012, and they are in front of the cupholders, actually, I find the location very convenient. Not my car, but, a pic of a 2012 interior:

#33 ·
You can remove it now if you want, regardless of warranty. The aeroshield supposedly provides slightly better highway mpg, sound insulation and keeps dirt off the engine while making oil changes a bit more PITA.

With all that red dirt you have in Oklahoma, I think I would leave it on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.