Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Injen vs K&N CAI

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  wantz12 
#1 ·
[welcome]So I'm a British guy but live in china. I will buy the new Ford focus sport 2.0l. First mod for me is CAI. But being in china I have limited choice of brands. Either injen or k&n. Not a bad selection I know. But I was wondering which is better. I'm not really finding a definitive answer online. [werd]

Indy

#3 ·
Can u expand on that answer really looking for a definitive or some answers with some backed up reasons so I can make a decision.

#4 ·
Don't know about the injen, but would verify that K&N fixes their issue with theirs prior to buying.

Some people are having issues with the filter coming off while driving. I believe it is due to the stock MAF housing design and the way the filter fits on it with the K&N intake kit. and people also over tightening the filter and it cracking the MAF housing.

#5 ·
OK. Well then k and n. Might be no go. Who knows what version they are stocking here. It will be thru a reseller. Secondary question. Any decent aftermarket manufacturers from Hong Kong or Taiwan? I can order online and not be taxed. Bring anything back from Europe is pricey. Might take an extra suit case back next time overweight with a few mods from the UK :p

#7 ·
I'd hold off for now on buying a K&N...I'm one of the ones whose had a problem. The intake itself is great, it's the MAF housing that's the problem. As far as Injen is concerned, there's really no heat shield provided AFAICT. To me, that would rule out the intake.

#9 ·
That's the one! And yes...Injen calls that little piece of chrome a heat shield. [rofl]. But, the whole intake is made of billet aluminum, and integrates the MAF nicely, which is more than can be said for K&N.

Still, I'd choose the K&N. That heat shield is just pathetic.

#11 ·
Can't comment on the Injen, but...

Sound on my K&N is pretty freakin sweet. I passed a friend on the road the other day and he commented later that my car sounded mean.

There's been quite a few dyno's of the K&N, most recently dyno-whateverhisnumbersare. He said that he saw a 10 hp and 10 ft-lb increase. My butt dyno says that's about right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.